Instant JChem (Standard) startup issue

User 9cf2153104

19-07-2012 11:20:19

Hello,

since installation of version 5.10 I've seen on some of our computers (I'd say on all, but have to confirm this) the following effect:

After the PC (all French Windows XP) was started or rebooted the first attempt to launch IJChem fails, it shows the splash screen, but no progress bar. The second attempt always works (regardles if the dead process was killed before or not).

Unfortunately the zombie process seems to hold the local database locked under some circumstances, so users can't access their projects until the process is killed manually.

Would be nice if someone could reproduce this issue and this could be fixed in one of the upcoming versions.

Best regards

ChemAxon 60ee1f1328

20-07-2012 09:00:39

Hi,

My first test is to attempt to replicate on "English" XP before attempt to create "French" XP...

I will get back to you soon...

Daniel.

ChemAxon 60ee1f1328

20-07-2012 10:07:54

I cannot replicate your issue using my install of XP pro 2002 sp 3...it works first time before and after install/reboot.

So the assumption is this is somehow relative to your French Install of XP.

Is it possible that we might get in touch directly so I can see if I can replicate your XP install as a Virtual box image?

User 9cf2153104

23-07-2012 16:05:28

DanielSButler wrote:

I cannot replicate your issue using my install of XP pro 2002 sp 3...it works first time before and after install/reboot.

So the assumption is this is somehow relative to your French Install of XP.

Is it possible that we might get in touch directly so I can see if I can replicate your XP install as a Virtual box image?

Actually, my attempts to reproduce this issue failed as well.

In a VM I tried to mimic the situation from last week as good as possible:

Even combinations of the three did not trigger the observed problem. Maybe it was related to the recent MS Patchday. As long as the problem does not reoccur regularly (what seems to be not the case, since nobody had such trouble this morning), I won't bother you anymore with it.

Thanks a lot for your help

ChemAxon 60ee1f1328

23-07-2012 17:43:17

OK Thanks for the update - I will close this thread as a result.