Blank Row is displayed when adding a new row in 5.9.3

User 7b0ee04e66

22-06-2012 11:48:51

Good afternoon

We are currently using Instant JChem 5.9.3 on a Oracle database with the JChem cartridge and have noticed the following issue:

The table contains some fields which are automtaically populated from a trigger.

When adding a new row to the table from Instant JChem, the users enters several pieces of information including a dummy structure (because the structure column is mandatory).

Using several trigger(s), other information is added to the table, and the correct structure is populated via a lookup in a different table.

But in Instant JChem the user only sees a blank row, and the new added data is only displayed once a query is run.

When the database trigger is disabled, the data is displayed directly into Instant JChem. But we don't really want to do this, as we want to automatically retrieve data from the other tables.

Can you reproduce the problem ?

Thanks

Catherine

ChemAxon 60ee1f1328

22-06-2012 12:14:52

Hi Catherine,

I should be able to try and replicate this issue in essence.

I have an IJC/CART  5.10 environment ready to go.

I would just need to create some simple test trigger which attempt to do somthing similar to yours.

If I cannot replicate it then I will need to create specific 5.9.3 env and so on.

Does this initial test sound reasonable ?

Thanks,

Daniel.

User 7b0ee04e66

22-06-2012 12:16:24

Hi Daniel

Yes, this seems absolutely fine

Thanks

Catherine

ChemAxon 60ee1f1328

22-06-2012 12:44:03

Hi Catherine,

Just a few more question please :

Which table type do you use, presumably it either : jchem + idx or std + idx ?

Which Oracle Index User display this: 'jchem', 'owner' or 'user' (or perhaps all do).

You imply that a dummy structure (drawn in Marvin) is overridden in the bespoke structure tables trigger by a structure obtained from another table source - could you say the format of this structure please - SMILES?

How do you join to the other table - some VARCHAR2 identifier ?

Many thanks for the info,

Daniel.

User 7b0ee04e66

22-06-2012 13:06:48

Hi Daniel

The structure is stored in smiles in a reference table A with an ID

The data is entered in table B, including the ID field, the trigger retrieves teh Smiles from table A based on the ID column

The tables are standard Oracle table with a cartidge index.

I can share my table definition and trigger with you if you send me your email address, this might make it easier ?

Regards,

Catherine

ChemAxon 60ee1f1328

22-06-2012 13:11:13

Hi Catherine,

Please share what you can please to speed up my turnaround : dbutler at chemaxon.com

Cheers,

Daniel.

ChemAxon 60ee1f1328

22-06-2012 15:38:03

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for this information - I can confirm your observation and will report this as a bug to the team.

Cheers,

Daniel.

ChemAxon 60ee1f1328

28-06-2012 13:14:46

I think we have reached a happy conclusion for this reported issue and so will close it.

ChemAxon 60ee1f1328

28-06-2012 13:27:37

Some further information :

This was essentially fixed by remove one of trigger that access a sequence object that is also in use by the INSERT statement that caused the trigger to fire. This in fact did work (the trigger over-wrote as expected) but it caused a temporary internal conflict with the current viewed record set.