IJC 5.9 client error conneting to remote database

User 55ffa2f197

12-03-2012 20:18:35

Hi,

I just upgrade the IJC client through our internal WebStart. I am getting following error when connecting to remote database. It works fine in 5.8.6 .

Thanks

Dong

java.net.SocketException: Unknown proxy type : HTTP
 at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
 at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
 at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
 at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at oracle.net.nt.TcpNTAdapter.connect(TcpNTAdapter.java:127)
 at oracle.net.nt.ConnOption.connect(ConnOption.java:126)
 at oracle.net.nt.ConnStrategy.execute(ConnStrategy.java:306)
Caused: oracle.net.ns.NetException: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
 at oracle.net.nt.ConnStrategy.execute(ConnStrategy.java:328)
 at oracle.net.resolver.AddrResolution.resolveAndExecute(AddrResolution.java:421)
 at oracle.net.ns.NSProtocol.establishConnection(NSProtocol.java:630)
 at oracle.net.ns.NSProtocol.connect(NSProtocol.java:206)
 at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.connect(T4CConnection.java:966)
 at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:292)
Caused: java.sql.SQLException: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
 at oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:70)
 at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:133)
 at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:199)
 at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:480)
 at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:413)
 at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:508)
 at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:203)
 at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:33)
 at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:510)
 at net.sf.log4jdbc.DriverSpy.connect(DriverSpy.java:717)
 at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
 at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
 at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnectionFromDriverManager(DriverManagerDataSource.java:173)
 at com.im.commons.db.datasource.BaseDataSource.getConnectionFromDriverManager(BaseDataSource.java:462)
 at com.im.commons.db.datasource.BaseDataSource$1.createConnection(BaseDataSource.java:274)
 at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:582)
 at org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:1158)
 at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:106)
 at com.im.commons.db.datasource.BaseDataSource.doGetConnection(BaseDataSource.java:361)
 at com.im.commons.db.datasource.BaseDataSource.getConnectionFromDriverManager(BaseDataSource.java:475)
 at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnectionFromDriver(DriverManagerDataSource.java:164)
 at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.AbstractDriverBasedDataSource.getConnectionFromDriver(AbstractDriverBasedDataSource.java:149)
 at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.AbstractDriverBasedDataSource.getConnection(AbstractDriverBasedDataSource.java:119)
 at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.doGetConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:111)
 at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.getConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:77)
Caused: org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
 at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.getConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:80)
 at com.im.df.impl.db.sprovider.SproviderUtils.readApplicationContext(SproviderUtils.java:249)
 at com.im.df.impl.db.sprovider.PropsReadState.proceedToNextState(PropsReadState.java:136)
 at com.im.df.impl.db.sprovider.SchemaProviderImpl.proceedToNextState(SchemaProviderImpl.java:116)
 at com.im.ijc.core.api.util.SchemaInitManager.startInit(SchemaInitManager.java:237)
 at com.im.ijc.core.api.util.SchemaInitManager.access$000(SchemaInitManager.java:54)
 at com.im.ijc.core.api.util.SchemaInitManager$1.run(SchemaInitManager.java:85)
 at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1418)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:1957)

User 55ffa2f197

12-03-2012 22:20:43

Just double checked with 5.8.6 IJC client I can still connect to the Oracle Db I am having trouble with IJC5.9, and the schema.

ChemAxon 2bdd02d1e5

13-03-2012 17:36:28

Hi Dong,

I was unable to reproduce the problem you have encounter. Are you running IJC 5.9 via internal Java Web Start or locally and IJC was updated by internal Auto Update Center? I suppose that you use JWS, then can you ensure that the sturtup options in master.jnlp file are the same for old (5.8.2?) and new 5.9 version? Particularly proxy configuration, see http://www.chemaxon.com/instantjchem/ijc_latest/docs/admin/startup_options.html . Also send me the full log file please. Refer to http://www.chemaxon.com/instantjchem/ijc_latest/docs/admin/debug_info.html#logfile if you are not sure where to find it.

Thaks,

Filip