Could not connect to derby DB after update to 5.9

User 1887159699

07-03-2012 08:18:07

Hi,
after I updated IJC to 5.9, I could not connect to any DB (neither local derby nor remote MySQL).
---------
Connecting to database failed:
Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:log4jdbc:derby:C:\temp\IJCProjects\xxx/.config/localdb/db;upgrade=false
----------------------------------------
How could I roll back to 5.8.2.
This is very important, since I could not work at the moment with IJC.
Best, Hinnerk Rey

ChemAxon 37bb34e128

07-03-2012 08:47:46

Hi,

I assume you updated your IJC through the updatecenter (ie. Plugin Manager). I am sorry about that, but the updatecentre is broken at the moment. We had to take it offline yesterday afternoon (CET).

We are working on the fix and hopefully will have the updatecenter back online soon.

If you have already updated your IJC to 5.9.0 version via the updatecenter and can't open your projects now, you will have to download the installer and reinstall IJC completely. That means uninstall the existing version and install the new one. The reinstalled IJC 5.9 will ask you to import your settings when it starts for the first time. If you confirm that it will import your old userdir (eg. all your customizations from the previous version).

Again we are sorry about this inconvenience.

-vita

PS: IJC download page - http://www.chemaxon.com/download/instant-jchem/

ChemAxon 37bb34e128

07-03-2012 09:13:25

Btw. if you wish to rollback to IJC 5.8.2 you can do so by reinstalling this version from the installer. Download IJC 5.8.2 from the archives, uninstall your current version and run 5.8.2 installer. It will install a fresh copy of IJC 5.8.2.

-vita

PS: IJC archives - http://www.chemaxon.com/download-archives.html?package=instantjchem

ChemAxon 37bb34e128

09-03-2012 09:56:10

Hi,

this problem has been resolved. IJC 5.9.0 updatecenter is back online. If you previously updated your IJC installation and it's broken please update it again or reinstall completely using the installers.

Thanks for your patience!

-vita