RDF Import and reusing Form

User 9aa4619393

05-09-2011 15:06:10

Hi

I am using the RDF Import wizard to create a local database. When The Wizard generates the template, for all numeric values it sets the datatype = INTEGER, which  in many cases is not correct. I didn't notice this at first, so I went to import the data and all decimal numbers where truncated.

I have now changed the template (replaced INTEGER with FLOAT) where appropriate to retry. My problem is, I realized all this after spending a lot of time creating a form. Now if I go and reuse the same wizard it is going to delete the form... Is there anyway I can save it?

It would be nice if in one of the next versions IJC could distinguish between integer and decimal numbers...or at least use FLOAT as the default, at least this way it wouldn't truncate numbers.

Thanks

Anna

ChemAxon fa971619eb

05-09-2011 17:08:50

Hi Anna,

yes, there is a problem here. The decimal value are being accepted as integers. This is not correct, and it seems to result from a change we made to make the integer field more tolerent and be able to handle decimal values.

We will fix this so that in RDF import the behavior is more strict.

Thanks for the bug report.

As for keeping the existing form, you should be able to copy the form to the clipboard, then re-import the RDF file, and then paste the form into the new data tree. Make sure you don't copy anything else to the clipboard in the meantime or you will loose your form.

Tim

User 9aa4619393

06-09-2011 11:28:55

Hi Tim

thanks.

I did as you said, I copied the form to the clipboard and imported the data. The data import went fine. However when I went to paste the form, it showed me the dialogue where it tries to match fields from the form and fields from the database, and the fields containing IC50 for which I had changed the data type where not available to choose from. So I had to paste the form as it was, and then go in and bind manually each of the fields in the form to the appropriate IC50 values...which had been imported, and were visible in the grid view. So it took some time but eventually it worked.

The other strange thing that happened was, that for some of the fields I remapped the form displayed a rounded value - for example 1 instead of 0.56. I could see that the value was correct (0.56) when I clicked into the field, as if I had wanted to edit it...I couldn't find any way to fix it, except deleting the field and recreating it.

Anna

ChemAxon fa971619eb

07-09-2011 07:54:49

Hi Anna

However when I went to paste the form, it showed
me the dialogue where it tries to match fields from the form and fields
from the database, and the fields containing IC50 for which I had
changed the data type where not available to choose from

Yes, I think the fields that are made available are only of the same type as was used in the source form.

for some of the fields I remapped the form 
displayed a rounded value - for example 1 instead of 0.56. I could see
that the value was correct (0.56) when I clicked into the field, as if I
had wanted to edit it...I couldn't find any way to fix it, except
deleting the field and recreating it.

Possibly the renderer was wrong (still using integer renderer rather than decimal?). If so, then deleting the widget and adding it should work.

Tim