Date Import Error

User a4960ab6cd

27-01-2011 17:59:26

I have been having some problems with exporting files that contain dates in them.  I have created a small database with 39 compounds and a couple of standard chemical fields (molecular weight, formula, etc.).  I export the data to an SDF file and then reimported them into a new project with no problem (just learning how to do things).  I ran into a problem when I added a date field to the mix.  I took the original database of 39 compounds and added a date field using the "add standard field" button, entered the dates that the compounds were prepared using the pop up calendar that appears, and then exported the data into an SDF file.  When I attempted to import the data into a new poject as I had done earlier, none of the rows were added to the project and the following error message was created for each line.

"Warning: Failed to import row 1: An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DATE' from a data value of type 'java.util.Date'.; SQL []; An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DATE' from a data value of type 'java.util.Date'.; nested exception is java.sql.SQLDataException: An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DATE' from a data value of type 'java.util.Date'."

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, but would appreciate any advice that people have to offer.  Thanks.

Benjamin E Blass

ChemAxon fa971619eb

28-01-2011 14:41:13

You probably not doing anything wrong. We will investigate the problem and report back.

Thanks

Tim

ChemAxon 49d153c1b2

28-01-2011 16:19:57

I can confirm the problem. We'll try our best to address this in the upcoming 5.4.1 release.

User a4960ab6cd

28-01-2011 19:03:16

Tim

Thanks.  In the meantime, I will use the work around I mentioned in my previous note. 

Benjamin E Blass

ChemAxon 49d153c1b2

15-02-2011 16:00:37

This has been fixed and the fix is part of the upcoming 5.4.1 release, which is expected in few days. Thank you very much for your report.