Override security permissions

User 596f3ef229

27-07-2010 06:52:19

OK. I have upgraded most of my project tables to 5.3.6 compliant versions. I have one project where I have ADMIN permissions but not EDIT permissions (an oversight on my behalf) so IJC will not let me upgrade the tables. Unfortunately no users with EDIT permissions on the project have ADMIN permissions. I can't connect to change security without upgrading the tables, which I can't. On the topic, I think it is a bad idea to make ADMIN permissions unable to do everything.

So my question is, which database table can I manually edit to give myself EDIT as well as ADMIN permissions? What do I need to do? I'm using MySQL.

Thanks

ChemAxon fa971619eb

27-07-2010 07:41:29

This depends on how you are defining security, but I expect you are uisng database based security. In this case look at the IJC_SECURITY_AUTHORITIES table. Its contents should be obvious.

More information on the IJC_* tables that are used by IJC to store its configuration data can be found here: https://www.chemaxon.com/instantjchem/ijc_latest/docs/admin/meta_data_tables.html />Of course, tread very carefully when making any changes here!

Tim

User 596f3ef229

27-07-2010 11:41:51

Hi Tim,

Yes I am using database based security. I have been meaning to move to Active-Directory authentication but have not got around to it. The info you provided is exactly what I need.

Thanks