More feature requests

User 169b52bbd8

31-05-2010 02:52:30

Hi Tim et al,

Over the past few days I have been generating a few Excel spreadsheets from IJC.  This feature is very useful.  Can I make a couple of suggestions?

1.  I have a database with many columns, but I am not interested in most of them and have undisplayed these in IJC.  I have also reordered the columns.   It would be able to quickly export a spreadsheet containing the same columns in the same order as displayed in IJC.

2.  I have column headings with long names.   The data cells wrap the data, but I can not see how to get the headings to wrap.

Cheers

David

ChemAxon fa971619eb

31-05-2010 09:15:33

1.  I have a database with many columns, but I
am not interested in most of them and have undisplayed these in IJC.  I
have also reordered the columns.   It would be able to quickly export a
spreadsheet containing the same columns in the same order as displayed
in IJC.

Yes, we know about this need. We plan to provide a solution, probably by allowing direct export from the grid view with all formatting (which columns, their order, the formatting of the data etc.) retained.

2.  I have column headings with long names.   The
data cells wrap the data, but I can not see how to get the headings to
wrap.

You can do this by setting the property for the number of rows of text to use for the column headers. This is a property can be edited if you open the settings for the grid view and select the "Table seetings" node on the left. This lets you control how many lines are used to display the column heading. The default is one row (e.g. no wrapping).

Tim