Feature/usability requests...

User 2ddf1d2229

15-10-2009 11:03:57

I have a few purely selfish requests for IJC feature additions/usability improvements:

1) In Query Builder, when a very long list of query fields is present, scroll the list so that the later fields are visible.

2) When promoting a field for use in a view allow the option NOT to rename the column name, e.g. if the field name is "CELL_LINE_PASSAGE_NO" then I might want to keep the column name as "CELL_LINE_PASSAGE_NO" rather than have it renamed automatically to "Cell line passage no".

3) When reordering the columns in a view, allow selection and dragging of multiple columns rather than single columns.

4) Provide "Move Up"/"Move Down" buttons for column reordering when promoting a table.

KR & TIA,

Andy

ChemAxon fa971619eb

15-10-2009 15:05:47

Hi Andy,

thanks for those suggestions. Here are some comments:

1) In Query Builder, when a very long list of query fields is present, scroll the list so that the later fields are visible.

Yes, we know about this and are going to improve this.

2) When promoting a field for use in a view
allow the option NOT to rename the column name, e.g. if the field name
is "CELL_LINE_PASSAGE_NO" then I might want to keep the column name as
"CELL_LINE_PASSAGE_NO" rather than have it renamed automatically to
"Cell line passage no".

Yes, this should be simple to do. We'll try to get it done.

3) When reordering the columns in a view, allow selection and dragging of multiple columns rather than single columns.

We'll also look into this. Hopefully it should be possible.

Tim

User 2ddf1d2229

16-10-2009 08:31:27

Thanks for the reply Tim, one more thing which would be useful (I am currently working with a materialized view with 223 columns :-/ .  When reordering columns in a grid view, if you drag a column to the leftmost or the rightmost side of the window the window should scroll, i.e. if I am dragging column 223, and I want it to be in column 1, I should be able to drag the column straight to position 1 instead of having to drag it to the left, manually scroll the window, drag column to the left again...I hope that makes sense (probably more sense than having a MV with 223 columns!).

KR,

Andy

ChemAxon fa971619eb

16-10-2009 08:49:51

Andy, you should try the reorder columns dialog. You can find this in the ... button in the top left corner of the grid view. It is there for exactly this purpose.

And 223 columns. Wow! You must have a very big screen!

Tim

User 2ddf1d2229

16-10-2009 09:12:08

Did that (I remember your training ;-) ) - still can't reorder multiple columns though! I am working on a 19" screen, with font set to 9pt, and I still can't see all the columns - time to refine my view I think!

KR,

Andy

ChemAxon fa971619eb

10-03-2010 08:11:46

Hi Andy,

I think all of these improvements were made for the IJC 5.3.1 release.

Tim