Problem exporting data from related tables

User 006e44d64f

18-09-2009 19:12:41

Hi -

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but am having trouble exporting data from related tables.  I have one JChem database table ('Inventory') with compound names, structure data and a standard database table ('Activity') with activity data for the compounds.  The two tables are joined by the CdId.  I'm trying to export the data in the Activity table to an excel file, but would also like to export the corresponding structures.  

When exporting Activity data, I also add in the Structure field from Inventory.  The excel file is generated, but for each molecule I get the following message:

ERROR: Failed to export molecule 0.

CAUSE: java.lang.String

I'm sure there is a way to do this but am still trying to learn how to maneuver with Instant JChem.  Any suggestions/help would be welcome and greatly appreciated.

Laura

ChemAxon fa971619eb

19-09-2009 01:47:40

This type of export (with structures in the detail table) is not yet suppoprted in export. We will investigate adding this as improvement to the export funtion.

However you can export if the structure table is the parent table and the activity table is the child table. So if you arrange the data tree the other way round you may be able to get what you want.

Tim

User 006e44d64f

19-09-2009 22:35:39

Thanks for the fast response Tim.

I set up a linking table and approached from the parent table as you suggested and that works.  Thanks again for the help!

Laura