license problem after upgrade

User 56106a29d7

26-03-2009 00:14:27

Hi,

We are using an academic license to connect Instant JChem to a MySQL server. Recently, I clicked the upgrade to 2.4.3.1 and the license is no longer persistent. When I start IJC it says it can't connect, so I go to reinstall the license file. It says "Valid" in all of the columns and then I can connect. But after I restart IJC the license becomes invalid again and I have to reinstall it again.

I checked the license.cxl file under ~/.chemaxon and it looks like the right one, so I don't think it is a permissions problem....

User 56106a29d7

26-03-2009 00:22:49

Hi,

I managed to fix this by downloading a new license file. Everything works fine now.

User 169b52bbd8

21-05-2009 02:55:40

Hi All,

I have just upgraded to IJC2.5 from IJC 2.4.0 and am seeing a similar license problem on both linux and OSX.  I have downloaded a new license version - but this did not fix the problem.

Regards

David

ChemAxon fa971619eb

21-05-2009 06:39:21

Well, my license file is certainly allowing me to connect to a remote database, so I suspect there is a difference in the license file. Could you send me yours privately by email (tdudgeon at chemaxon dot com)  and I will check.

Thanks

Tim

User 677b9c22ff

07-06-2009 07:12:14

Hi,

I upgraded to 2.4.3.1 (the latest version is 2.5) and the conversion was very very slow and and stopped inbetween, after several restarts I tried to find the log files, so basically my licenses were old and the new JCHem core was upgraded without telling me about the licences, I upgraded the lics and now it still does not work, still slow recalculating all the values (which were computationally very expensive). Not sure if this is correct or needed. I will need to let it run overnight so see what happened. Actually I will try to upgrade to 2.5 and see what happens there. Not sure whats going on. But nothing to worry I guess, having always backups available. (I have an acedemic lic for all plugins).

Cheers

Tobias

Product name: Geometry Plugin Group
License path: C:\Documents and Settings\...\chemaxon\license.cxl
Please contact sales _at_ chemaxon.com to obtain the corresponding license.
Students and academic researchers are entitled of free use
through our Academic Package, for more information
please visit: http://www.chemaxon.com/acpack_conditions.html, expression: minimalProjectionArea()
Error for column MINIMALPROJECTIONRADIUS with structure cd_id=7: Error while evaluating expression:
minimalProjectionRadius
    No valid license has been found.
License path: C:\Documents and Settings\....\chemaxon\license.cxl
Please contact sales _at_ chemaxon.com to obtain the corresponding license.
Students and academic researchers are entitled of free use
through our Academic Package, for more information
please visit: http://www.chemaxon.com/acpack_conditions.html, expression: minimalProjectionRadius
Error for column VANDERWAALSSURFACEAREA__ with structure cd_id=7: Error while evaluating expression:
vanDerWaalsSurfaceArea()
    No valid license has been found.

ChemAxon fa971619eb

08-06-2009 08:29:29

Regenerating the tables will result in chemical terms columns being re-calculated, so if you have lots of these the regeneration can be slow. We are working on minimising the need for regenerating.

One point to bear in mind is that there was a bug in earlier versions that could lead to chemical terms columns remaining in the database when deleted from IJC. If this is the case it will further slow down the regeneration. See this topic for more details and information on how to fix this:
http://www.chemaxon.com/forum/ftopic4716.html

Tim

User 677b9c22ff

08-06-2009 17:53:42

Thank you Tim.

Tobias

ChemAxon fa971619eb

09-06-2009 13:16:24

We have identified the problem with the academic license file. It is a bug in the license management system and is being fixed.

Tim