IJC date MySQL issue.

User 596f3ef229

17-03-2009 06:55:59

I have a MySQL5 IJC project that has a main table and batch subtable. The intertable relationships seem to work - ie I can search for values in the main or batch subtable - no problem. I can enter and delete records from either table.

One of my subtable fields is a DATE type. If I try to search for dates, I get the error at the end of this post - I have highlighted the SQL statement. Notice the date in the SQL is "?" and I the error mentions being unable to cast types. If I directly query the database with the bold highlited statement, but replace ? with a legit date value (eg < 2001-01-01), the query works.

I have created a derby database containing the exact same data and the date searching works. Can anyone suggest a solution?

WinXP SP2, JRE 6U11, JWS 2.42

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot convert class java.lang.String to SQL type requested due to java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException - Index: 0, Size: 0

at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:910)

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.setObject(PreparedStatement.java:3304)

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.setObject(PreparedStatement.java:3088)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.setObject(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:163)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.setObject(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:163)

at org.springframework.jdbc.core.StatementCreatorUtils.setParameterValueInternal(StatementCreatorUtils.java:195)

at org.springframework.jdbc.core.StatementCreatorUtils.setParameterValue(StatementCreatorUtils.java:88)

at com.im.ijcs.impl.query.DefaultParamProcessor.bindParameters(DefaultParamProcessor.java:50)

at com.im.ijcs.impl.query.DefaultParamProcessor.bindParameters(DefaultParamProcessor.java:19)

at com.im.ijcs.impl.query.Executor$PreparedStatementCreatorImpl.setValues(Executor.java:482)

at com.im.ijcs.impl.query.Executor$PreparedStatementCreatorImpl.createPreparedStatement(Executor.java:431)

at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:560)

Caused: org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: PreparedStatementCallback; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [SELECT DISTINCT D3_ROOT.cd_id FROM D3_ROOT, D3_BATCH WHERE (D3_BATCH.BATCH_DATE < ?  AND  (D3_BATCH.D3_ROOT_ID = D3_ROOT.cd_id))]; SQL state [S1000]; error code [0]; Cannot convert class java.lang.String to SQL type requested due to java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException - Index: 0, Size: 0; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Cannot convert class java.lang.String to SQL type requested due to java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException - Index: 0, Size: 0

at org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.java:121)

at org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.java:322)

at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:582)

at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:616)

at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:641)

at com.im.ijcs.impl.query.Executor.executeQuery(Executor.java:255)

at com.im.ijcs.impl.query.Executor.visitSqlQuery(Executor.java:214)

at com.im.ijcs.impl.query.Executor.execute(Executor.java:141)

at com.im.df.server.local.LocalQueryExecutor.access$001(LocalQueryExecutor.java:15)

at com.im.df.server.local.LocalQueryExecutor$1.doInTransactionWithoutResult(LocalQueryExecutor.java:49)

at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionCallbackWithoutResult.doInTransaction(TransactionCallbackWithoutResult.java:33)

at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:128)

at com.im.df.server.local.LocalQueryExecutor.execute(LocalQueryExecutor.java:47)

at com.im.ijcs.impl.query.DefaultQueryService.findIDs(DefaultQueryService.java:33)

at com.im.df.impl.db.DBSchemaManager.queryForIds(DBSchemaManager.java:783)

at com.im.df.impl.db.DBEntityDataProviderImpl.queryForIds(DBEntityDataProviderImpl.java:127)

at com.im.df.impl.db.ResultSetImpl.applyQueryInternal(ResultSetImpl.java:191)

at com.im.df.impl.db.ResultSetImpl.applyWorkingQuery(ResultSetImpl.java:145)

at com.im.ijc.core.query.exec.ExecutableQueryPanel$2.phase1InRequestProcessor(ExecutableQueryPanel.java:232)

at com.im.df.api.util.BackgroundRunner.processTheTask(BackgroundRunner.java:127)

at com.im.df.api.util.BackgroundRunner$1.run(BackgroundRunner.java:91)

at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:561)

[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:986)

ChemAxon fa971619eb

17-03-2009 09:35:56

Thanks for the report. I can reproduce this.

It is caused by the MySQL JDBC driver being less tolerant in the way that dates are specified.

We will fix this.

Tim

User 596f3ef229

17-03-2009 09:59:22

thanks for the speedy confirmation Tim. It is nice to have the error externally verified.

We can work around the issue until it is fixed in a future release.

mc

ChemAxon fa971619eb

15-05-2009 08:51:49

This problem has now been fixed in the IJC 2.5 release.

Tim