I have noticed what I believe is an error entering dates when creating new rows in a IJC database. to reproduce:
- Create a database with structure and date fields
- Open a grid view.
- Click the "new row" button.
- Draw a structure and click the date browser button to select a date.
- select any date - i selected today 14 March 2009
- When you click "close" the date entered into the grid is 14/03/0009 not 14/03/2009
- if you click the date button in grid view, it does indeed open to the year 0009 but selecting the correct date does change the value to the correct date
- Also, if you manually edit the value in grid view and type "14/03/2009", it accepts the value just fine.
Can anyone confirm this error? I am using the lastest java webstart version of IJC (2.4.2).
We are investigating this.
I can't reproduce it, but it might be operating system specific, or locale specific.
Can you tell us which OS and regional settings you are using?
The place where the incorrect date selection occurs is only in the add new row dialog (see attachment).
I am running WinXP SP2 with JRE 6U11 (6U10 until this morning). My region settings are for Australia as shown in the second attachment.
I just checked on another client running WinXP SP2 and JRE 1.5.0_09 - same result. Both clients are running the JWS version of IJC 2.4.2.
I just created a new local jchem database, added a date field and tried to add a new row.
The date dialog accessed directly from the grid or form works as expected (ie the correct date is entered).
We have identified this as locale specific. We already have a fix that will be present in the next update.
This problem should now be fixed in the recent 126.96.36.199 update.