Chemical terms dissapeared

User e05b1833aa

02-12-2008 06:51:22

Hi,

I upgraded to 2.4 on Linux (local installation, can't get Java web start to work here), and now noticed that many of my customized Chemical Term definitions are no longer showing in the selection list. Where does IJC store these files?

On a note it would be great if one could import/export customized Chemical Terms from and to text files.

Cheers

ChemAxon e189db4705

02-12-2008 10:27:11

Chemical terms favorites are stored under user settings directory. This directory has been changed for IJC 2.4 and so the old user settings are not used in 2.4.

It is possible to copy Chemical terms favorites manually from 2.3 to 2.4 user settings.

First exit IJC 2.4. and then look at:

/home/<yourname>/.instantjchem

you should see user settings directories for all both versions (2.3 and 2.4). Now find this file and copy it to the same location under ijc_2_4:

ijc_2_3/config/Preferences/com/im/ijc/core.properties

Be careful: if you already changed some settings under 2.4 - these will be replaced.

Now when you start IJC 2.4 again you should see CT favorites from previous version.

We are sorry for this inconvenience, we are working on feature which will import user settings from previous IJC versions. I hope this will be available in next major release. Minor future releases (2.4.1, ...) will use the same user settings directory, so there is no problem.

Petr