New user seeking help

User 87374ab809

03-10-2007 09:21:58

Hi - apologies if these questions seem rather simple...

I am a synthetic chemistry PhD student trying to use Instant JChem to 'modernise' my existing (paper) compound database - i.e. all the compounds I prepare and characterise.

Instant JChem seems like an ideal tool for this, but I am having trouble sorting a few things out:

Is it possible to have formatted text fields? I usually report NMR data as a formatted list of peaks (e.g. 5.0 (1H, dd J 15 Hz, 7Hz RCHCH=CH)

Also, is it possible to link fields in a table to certain files? All my processed spectra are stored as .pdf files, and it would be nice to be able to link to them.

Many thanks in advance

Alex O'Brien

Imperial College London

http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/craig

ChemAxon fa971619eb

03-10-2007 13:11:26

Quote:
Is it possible to have formatted text fields? I usually report NMR data as a formatted list of peaks (e.g. 5.0 (1H, dd J 15 Hz, 7Hz RCHCH=CH)
No, we don't have anything like this. But if you entered in the text in that format then that's how it should be displayed.
Quote:
Also, is it possible to link fields in a table to certain files? All my processed spectra are stored as .pdf files, and it would be nice to be able to link to them.
Not currently, but we are going to be adding this shortly. You will be able to define a field that defines the URL of a document or image file and display the contents or a hyperlink to that URL.

In the slighly longer term we are also planning on adding direct support for spectral data in JCAMP-DX format.

Hope this helps.

Tim

User 0f78267e36

08-09-2008 17:00:47

Hello,

I would like to know if and how it should be possible to introduce hyperlinks in a Instant JChem Database; the hyperlinked information should be data types like .jpg or .xls but also more specific once with NMR files or GraphPad Prism Result tables; also hyperlinks to internet librarys couls be interesting.

Is there any way to introduce this kind of data in the current version of Instant JChem and what should be the best way for it?

Thanks a lot

Christian Kowalewski

Pharmaceutical Institute

University of Bonn

ChemAxon fa971619eb

08-09-2008 17:04:59

You can't yet do this in IJC, but it is a much requested feature and will be added soon. You will be able to define hyperlinks within the data and use those within the grid and form views.

Tim