Configure security

User afeef30056

03-09-2007 08:12:28

Hi to all,

I am not more able to click on configure security.

i still have user with admin rights, but when i log in with such user the option is not more available.

Do you have any idea?

ChemAxon fa971619eb

03-09-2007 09:25:41

You should be able to access the security settings it you connect as a user with all access rights and in single user mode.

Some things might be possible with less rights, but if you always keep one user with all the rights then you should be OK.

Tim

User afeef30056

03-09-2007 15:57:00

Hi Tiim,

I got a user with admin role but when i try to connect with such user i do not get the single user mode option. No other users are connected!!

Cheers,

Pasquale

ChemAxon fa971619eb

04-09-2007 09:24:10

Hi Pascale,

I think there are 3 possibilities. Try these (in order).

1. Another user appears to be still logged in. Their session may have crashed and so was not logged out correctly.

Can you look in the IJC_USERS tables and see if the LOGIN_TIME column has any entries. If so set them to NULL (assuming the user isn't really logged in!) or get the user to log in again and log out.

A logged in user prevents a second user logging in in single user mode (for obvious reasons).

2. The user you are trying to log in as does not have ROLE_EDIT_SCHEMA which is necessary to connect in single user mode.

3. If neither of the above then some bug/error is probably causing the problem. Can you look in the log and see if there are any relevant error messages.

One thing this does identify is that it should not really be necessary to be in single user mode to add/edit users. We will change this.

Tim

User afeef30056

05-09-2007 09:16:53

Thank you for your help!

It was the first one. Some entries in the login time column

Cheers,

Pasquale