User Roles

User afeef30056

21-05-2007 16:12:30

Hello,

i am using Instant Jchem Version 200610171010 Z on windows, but i have the same issue on my linux platform.

I created as admin a custom form view which maps 4 different tables and i would like that a common user granted with some role is able to open and use my custom view, but it seems that each user should create his own form. Is it possible to build some custom role with read only access on the Database but able to use the form created by the administrator?

many thanks

Pasquale

ChemAxon fa971619eb

21-05-2007 17:22:50

Yes, but not quite like that.

Views (tables and forms) belong to each user so that they are able to make whatever modifications then want without impacting other users.

Other users can access these views and make their own copies which they can use and modify as they wish. To do this the second user should add a new view and choose the "Copy view from another user" option. They will get a list of all users and their forms.

We have another possible option we could implement here and that is to let the other users to use the from directly (not a copy), but they would not be able to save any changes. Do you think this would be useful?

Tim

p.s Please report the IJC version that is mentioned on the Welcome screen. As updates might have been installed this provides us with the acutal update version which is more useful than the version that was originally installed.

User afeef30056

22-05-2007 09:01:56

Hi Tim,

First of all, my current windows version is JChem 2.0 Milestone Release 3e.

Regarding the second solution you suggested, when you tell about no saving features, do you mean also the export to file the data retrieved by my custom view?

Pasquale

ChemAxon fa971619eb

22-05-2007 09:28:00

Quote:
Regarding the second solution you suggested, when you tell about no saving features, do you mean also the export to file the data retrieved by my custom view?
No. You would have full functionality (that your access rights permitted) for things like export and querying but any changes you made to the form would be discarded when you exited. You could of course take your own copy and save it.

Tim

User afeef30056

23-05-2007 07:18:51

thank you Tim.

Pasquale