We are pleased to announce version 0.7 of Instant JChem.
This is a Release Candidate for version 1.0, meaning it contains all the expected functionality for 1.0 and is in final testing.
Please report any bugs or issues to this forum.
There is lots new in this release compared to the version released at the ChemAxon User Group meeting in June. This includes:
1. Addition of Chemical Terms fields (allows a field to be added to your data whose values are generated using a Chemical Terms expression. This allows values like clogp, h-bond donors/acceptors, atom & ring counts, reactivity prediction, Lipinski and bioavailabilty filters to be automatically calculated and updated when you edit or add structures. (note: some chemical terms expressions require calculator plugins that need to be licensed)
2. A UI for editing standardizer configurations for JChem tables or stand-alone standardizer files. (note: use of custom standardizer configurations require a standardizer license)
3. Quick import wizard to simplify getting started.
4. Welcome screen to assist getting started and providing useful information and links.
5. Various UI improvements in the grid view.
6. Copy & paste in the grid view.
7. Undo support for cell edits in the grid view.
8. Printing support for the grid view.
9. Ability to merge data during import (e.g. combine structures from a SD file with biological data in a CSV text file into a single dataset using common identifiers in both files).
10. Overlap analysis to compare the contents of 2 databases for common or similar structures.
11. Improved performance, especially for large datasets.
12. Better data validation and error recovery in several places.
13. Lots of bug fixes and other improvements..
Getting this version
Installers for this version are provided for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (10.4).
You can find them here:
If you already have Instant JChem installed you should not need to re-install, but should be able to pick up the updates from the Update Center (Tools -> Update Center).
WARNING: This version has involved various changes to the location of the files that define your projects and databases, and includes an updated version of JChem which will result in your database files needing to be updated. Instant JChem will try to update old data to this new configuration, and this process usually runs smoothly. However we cannot guarantee that this will work correctly, so if you have any important data that you have created in an older version of Instant JChem that you cannot easily re-create you are strongly advised to back this data up by exporting it to a file so that it can be re-created if the migration is unsuccessful.
If you have any problems updating please report them to the forum so that they can be investigated.
IJC supports the MySQL database (as well as HSQL and Oracle) but support is not included in the basic distribution becasuse of licensing restrictions with MySQL.
Please contact sales__at__chemaxon.com if you wish to use MySQL.