User access level

User 8a7878ec6d

04-11-2016 10:15:07

Hi,

As far as I know it is not possible to specify detailed user access levels other than on the level of schemas. So granting read/copy access to specific tables or even structures specifically for individual users is not possible, at least not in a mySQL-based system (correct me if I'm wrong).

In a scenario where you may want to share a subset of structures and data for a particular project with an external collaborator, is there a way to set this up without having to export or create a separate database for this subset? Is it possible to create a separate schema within the same database (to which then the collaborator could get access) and link this to the structures and data in another schema that contains all structures and assay data for all projects, and somehow 'earmark' the structures and data that the collaborator would be allowed to see?

Any tips appreciated!

Thanks/Evert

ChemAxon 206bfdcce5

07-11-2016 07:04:34

Dear Evert,

first of all it is definitely possible to have multiple IJC schemas stored in one database schemas, you can promote the existing tables to the new schema as necessary.

I believe in your case it might be also useful to use some of the following features available:

I hope these hints help.

Best regards,

Karla

User 8a7878ec6d

07-11-2016 07:21:12

Thanks for your response, Karla. I will look into it and see if these solutions provide what I  need.

Best regards,

Evert