"Import file" button in Projects menu

User 2235ec4634

22-08-2016 07:12:39

Hello, I have a problem with "Import file" button in Projects menu (right click on schema -> "Import file")
Is any possibility to block that button for "Role_users"?

Best regards
Rafal

ChemAxon 26d92e5dcd

23-08-2016 14:50:52

Dear Rafal,

this right click menu item is disabled if the user has only ROLE_USER role assigned (tested with latest IJC version). There is an import button on the main tool bar, however that is not disabled. But if you try to use it, the wizard will complain about insufficient privileges to perform the import action.

For ROLE_EDIT_DATA, you can import into an exiting entity.

For ROLE_EDIT_SCHEMA + ROLE_EDIT_DATA you will be able to perform import into a new entity (creation of an entity during import is considered schema editing and needs appropriate rights) more details here.

I believe that this behaviour is consistent. If your users have ROLE_USER only, the import option in the projects menu will be greyed out. 

Wishing all the best

David

User 2235ec4634

24-08-2016 08:26:24

Thanks you much for reply!

User 2235ec4634

25-08-2016 07:43:45

I checked yours propositions and I have more questions.
Is it possible, to add new ROLE, which has blocked right clicked "Import File" button?

Deleting ROLE_EDIT_DATA  makes any import to database impossible.

I would like to create role which saves adding structures from files by scripts, but prohibit importing files by right click.

Is it possible?

Best regards
Rafal

User 9d02774534

29-08-2016 09:15:27

Right click import is a major issue which threatens integrity of our data. Using right click import is very convenient and straightforward, but it may pose danger to organisation of work and even to coherence of trade secret, as it is impossible to watch every employee using IJC and to ensure they follow certain path. Disabling such import is a restraint that has to be imposed, especially on large databases.

ChemAxon 26d92e5dcd

05-09-2016 14:01:50

Hello,

we have discussed the issue. We plan a more integral solution to fine grained security in general and would prefer to have this as part of this solution, rather than adding a new role just to control one additional feature.

The fine grained security solution is planned for Q1 2017. Would that be acceptable for you?

Wishing all the best
David