IJC 16: Error during copy/paste operation

User 2235ec4634

30-05-2016 12:27:26

Hi
I have a problem with IJC:
1) I copy SMILES from IJC table
2) I paste it in SciFinder and generates IUPAC name
3) I copy IUPAC name into IJC "Draw molecule" -> IJC throw an exception: it pastes SMILES from step 1)
4) I copy IUPAC name from 3 to notepad and it pastes IUPAC name.

So, IJC has a problem with clipboard reading?

If someone resolved similar problem, please help.

Best regards

ChemAxon 26d92e5dcd

31-05-2016 09:22:25

Dear Rafal,

could you please provide us with the information on the error that you mention and in ideal case with the log file?

Wishing all the best

David

User 2235ec4634

31-05-2016 10:27:35

Dear David

System parameters:
Windows
7 professional
Java 1.7, update 80

That problem appeared after system reinstallation.
After pasting clipboard into Marvin Scatch, IJC throws:

"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!"
Subsequent, I tried paste clipboard into File>Import Name and it pasted SMILES string instead IUPAC name, moreover when I pasted clipboard into notepad it pastes IUPAC name. Next I copied IUPAC name from notepad and it pastes correct string into Sketch and structure was drew.
The source of IUPAC name was SciFinder

I tried to recreate that error on other computers and systems, but it occurred only on that machine.

Best regards

ChemAxon 91ac526de6

01-06-2016 14:04:42

Dear Rafal,

I have tried to reproduce the error, but was unable to do so. Could you tell me, which version of IJC do you use? Can you reproduce the the error on your computer? Did it ever occur to you before reinstalling windows? Can you try to pass the IUPAC string also directly into standalone Marvin Sketch?

best regards,

Ondrej

User 2235ec4634

06-06-2016 08:16:43

osvoboda wrote:

Dear Rafal,

I have tried to reproduce the error, but was unable to do so. Could you tell me, which version of IJC do you use? Can you reproduce the the error on your computer? Did it ever occur to you before reinstalling windows? Can you try to pass the IUPAC string also directly into standalone Marvin Sketch?

best regards,

Ondrej

IJC version 16.1.25

Can you reproduce the the error on your computer?
No, it occurs only on my coleague computer with windows.

Did it ever occur to you before reinstalling windows?
Nobody reports me that error earlier

Can you try to pass the IUPAC string also directly into standalone Marvin Sketch?
Unfortunately not

ChemAxon 91ac526de6

20-06-2016 07:49:04

Dear Rafal,

Since we are not able to reproduce this issue, it is difficult to help you. David asked you some time ago for a log time; yet we did not receive any. Could you, please, send as the log file?

thanks,

Ondrej