How to append RDF file to the current RDF template?

User 182d1b20d1

02-05-2016 14:12:28

I am able to using RDF import function in Instant JChem via Chemistry>RDF Import which will generate a RDF template to be used then for importing the RDF file format into a schema in IJChem project.,  However, each time I import a RDF file, it generate a separated template (with different name on different RDF).  IF I want to append different records into the template that previously generated, the records in the original schema generated by RDF importing process were deleted and replaced with the new records from the current records in the new RDF.  Is there anyway I could "append" the new records from anew RDF into the schema that created through the RDF Imported function via the template generated?  Otherwise, it will generate multiple schemas for each RDF imported (e.g., reactions RDF from ISIS databases) and to create relationship with the parent schema (generated via  SDF import) would be very complicated.

Thank you for your help on this matter!

Daniel

ChemAxon 26d92e5dcd

02-05-2016 14:16:37

Dear Daniel,

what version of IJC are you using? Appending to already existing entities with RDF import is supported relatively recently since version 15.6.29.0. Please see here.

Wishing all the best

David

User 182d1b20d1

03-05-2016 13:27:31

Hi David,

Thank you for your quick reply to my inquiry.  I sent an email yesterday.  I wonder whether you received it.  The following are my reply to your question:

I am using the most current IJChem version (016.04.11).  I also just downloaded the new version of 2016.04.25.

The problem I have experienced is that when the first schema was generated from the first RDF (ISPMN_An16.rdf) importing via the newly created template (i.e. ISPMN_An16.Properties), the second RDF imported (ISPMN_An15.rdf) by trying use of this template was not possible.  The template name ids fixed to ISPMN_An15.Properties.  I could not change the template name from ISPMN_An15.Properties to ISPMN_An16.Properties.  This field was not able to be edit at all.  Please see the attached file for the screen shot from the project.  I am not able to provide you a sample data set since I am working the confidential business information for our project.

Please show me how you could import the second rdf (ISPMN_An15.rdf) into the template (ISPMN_An16.Properties) that generated from the first rdf (ISPMN_An16.rdf) as appended records and not to overwrite the current records in that schema.

Thank you for your help!

Daniel

ChemAxon 26d92e5dcd

31-05-2016 11:30:25

Dear Daniel,

from my understanding of the topic, you try to import data with RDF. The RDF import needs 2 files. The actual RDF (structure file) file containing the data and the .properties (template file) file that contains the metadata information on how to import those data.

For subsequent import, you try to import with different RDF file into already existing entity. For this, please note, that the properties file is automatically recognised based on the structure file name.

I recommend using the same template file as for the previous import and making sure that the structure file that you want to use for the subsequent import has matching filename. This way, the data will be appended to the already existing entity that is defined in the template properties file.

The improvement that I pointed you to before means that if you would do what I describe, before it would not work as it would complain about already existing entity that it tries to create and import into. After the improvement, it enables you to append data to already existing entity.

I hope this helps

Wishing all the best

David