Java error

User 8a7878ec6d

28-09-2015 12:59:36

IJC 15.9.14

When trying to open a view of an existing table, I get the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.im.df.impl.db.query2.BaseSelectBuilder.findLCA(BaseSelectBuilder.java:554)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.query2.BaseSelectBuilder.addJoin(BaseSelectBuilder.java:536)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.query2.BaseSelectBuilder.finish(BaseSelectBuilder.java:308)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.query2.BaseSelectBuilder.getSelect(BaseSelectBuilder.java:327)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.query2.QueryDefinitionBuilder.compileMainQuery(QueryDefinitionBuilder.java:358)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.query2.QueryDefinitionBuilder.build(QueryDefinitionBuilder.java:428)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.DBSchemaDataProviderImpl.queryForDistinctValues(DBSchemaDataProviderImpl.java:474)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.DBSchemaDataProviderImpl.queryForIdsImpl(DBSchemaDataProviderImpl.java:531)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.DBSchemaDataProviderImpl.queryForIds(DBSchemaDataProviderImpl.java:191)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.DBSchemaDataProviderImpl.queryForIds(DBSchemaDataProviderImpl.java:179)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.resultset.ResultSetImpl$2.executeQuery(ResultSetImpl.java:324)
    at com.im.df.util.earlyresults.EarlyResultsBatcher.runQuery(EarlyResultsBatcher.java:38)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.resultset.ResultSetImpl.applyQueryInternal(ResultSetImpl.java:330)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.resultset.ResultSetImpl.applyWorkingQuery(ResultSetImpl.java:256)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.resultset.ResultSetImpl.readAllData(ResultSetImpl.java:642)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.resultset.ResultSetImpl.ensureLoaded(ResultSetImpl.java:611)
    at com.im.ijc.core.api.views.AbstractViewTopComponent$ViewBackgroundRunner.phase1InRequestProcessor(AbstractViewTopComponent.java:2327)
    at com.im.ijc.core.api.ui.DFItemTCRegistry$RunnerProxy.phase1InRequestProcessor(DFItemTCRegistry.java:329)
[catch] at com.im.commons.progress.BackgroundRunner.processTheTask(BackgroundRunner.java:140)
    at com.im.commons.progress.BackgroundRunner$1.run(BackgroundRunner.java:102)
    at com.im.commons.base.ThreadContext$2.run(ThreadContext.java:193)
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1411)
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:1991).

Creating a new view gives the same result. This is the only table in the schema where this happens. The database is hosted by a mySQL server. On the server side everything looks fine and I can pull up the records with mySQL Workbench.

Please advice.

ChemAxon 26d92e5dcd

29-09-2015 06:30:32

Dear Evert,

this seems peculiar. We will try to reproduce the behaviour. Could you please help us by providing a log file with SQL logging enabled (see here)? If you have some sensitive data, please use ijc-support _at_ chemaxon.com to send us the log file.

Wishing all the best

David

ChemAxon 37bb34e128

29-09-2015 09:02:58

Hi Evert,

I am trying to analyse the exception that you've reported and it comes from the code that traverses your datatree and tries to compose the SQL query for reading data for that datatree. Do you think that you could also export the IJC schema and send this to us, so that I could see the structure of your datatree? You can export the IJC schema using the main menu action "Tools > Experimental > Export IJC Schema". The action will create a zip file which will contain IJC metadata, but no other data from your database.

Could you please send us this together with the IJC log file (SQL logging turned on) as described earlier by David?

Thank you,
-vita

ChemAxon 37bb34e128

29-09-2015 09:15:39

Hi Evert, thanks for the IJC log file. I'll go through it and see if it reveals something useful. If I could still ask you for the exported IJC schem metadata that would be great.

Thanks,
-vita