Calculated fields in promoted database view

User 8a7878ec6d

12-08-2015 07:09:43

Hi,

I have created an entity and data tree by promoting a database view generated in mySQL. Now I want to add a calculated field based on a field from the promoted view itself and a field from another regular table which is linked in through a relationship.

However, in the Calculated Fields wizard the <Master Entity> choice under the Relationship menu is not showing the fields of the promoted view, but of one that is linked through a relationship. In any other 'normal' table I try this the fields of the tables in question always show up under <Master Entity>.

I hope you understand my problem. I have some cnfidential data in the tables so cannot show pictures on the forum.

IJC 15.7.20.

Regards,

Evert

ChemAxon 206bfdcce5

12-08-2015 08:32:34

Dear Evert,

thank you for your question. Unfortunately, using the information provided in your post we were unable to reproduce the problem you encountered. Please, could you provide us some more information about the structure of the data? It would be great if you could describe the relationship (and what is the master entity there) or field types you are using. The more information you can provide, the higher is the chance we can reproduce it.

Also, I would like to suggest you to update to a newer version of IJC, possibly 15.7.27 or higher, as the release 15.7.20 release was officially skipped and it is possible to download it from the website only by mistake. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Karla

User 8a7878ec6d

12-08-2015 10:19:25

Hi,

For confidentiality reasons I'd prefer to do this outside the forum so great if you could contact me on evert.homan _at_ scilifelab.se

Thanks,

Evert