java.lang.classnotfoundexception

User 1b14b56d14

12-03-2015 14:11:31

dear,


I don't know what the cause of this is, but all often when there is a windows update (which i have to apply as it is a rule in the company) i get the following java error:


ava.lang.ClassNotFoundException: chemaxon.marvin.util.codeassist.CodeAssistFactory$CodeAssistConfiguration


at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)


at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)


at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)


at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)


at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)


at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)


at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)


at org.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader.loadClass(ProxyClassLoader.java:262)


Caused: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: chemaxon.marvin.util.codeassist.CodeAssistFactory$CodeAssistConfiguration starting from [email protected][com.im.df] with possible defining loaders null and declared parents [[email protected][com.chemaxon.ijc.data.convertors], [email protected][org.springframework], [email protected][org.apache.http.clinet], [email protected][com.im.commons.db], [email protected][org.apache.commons.dbcp], [email protected][com.im.df.api], [email protected][net.jcip.annotations], [email protected][com.chemaxon.ijc.db.dao.schema], [email protected][org.dom4j], Netigso[reference:file:/C:/Program%20Files/ChemAxon/InstantJChem/ide/modules/org-apache-commons-codec.jar], ...32 more]


at org.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader.loadClass(ProxyClassLoader.java:264)


at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)


Caused: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: chemaxon/marvin/util/codeassist/CodeAssistFactory$CodeAssistConfiguration


at com.im.df.util.ui.SlowJChemInstancesProvider$MoleculeChemicalTermsTextPaneProvider.createNewInstance(SlowJChemInstancesProvider.java:255)


at com.im.df.util.ui.SlowJChemInstancesProvider$MoleculeChemicalTermsTextPaneProvider.createNewInstance(SlowJChemInstancesProvider.java:247)


at com.im.df.util.GenericInstancesProvider.createNewInstanceWithDebug(GenericInstancesProvider.java:77)


at com.im.df.util.GenericInstancesProvider.access$500(GenericInstancesProvider.java:29)


at com.im.df.util.GenericInstancesProvider$MyRunnable.run(GenericInstancesProvider.java:115)


Caused: org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$SlowItem: task failed due to


at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor.post(RequestProcessor.java:439)


at com.im.df.util.GenericInstancesProvider.postCreateNew(GenericInstancesProvider.java:94)


at com.im.df.util.GenericInstancesProvider.<init>(GenericInstancesProvider.java:54)


at com.im.df.util.ui.SlowJChemInstancesProvider$MoleculeChemicalTermsTextPaneProvider.<init>(SlowJChemInstancesProvider.java:250)


at com.im.df.util.ui.SlowJChemInstancesProvider$MoleculeChemicalTermsTextPaneProvider.<init>(SlowJChemInstancesProvider.java:247)


at com.im.df.util.ui.SlowJChemInstancesProvider.<clinit>(SlowJChemInstancesProvider.java:59)


at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)


at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)


at com.im.df.DIFModule$1.run(DIFModule.java:46)


at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1411)


[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:1991)



This is really annoying cause i can not do anything anymore in Instant Jchem, is this a Java problem or is this a Chemaxon problem or none of the above?


 


Can someone please help me because it has been driving me crazy already for a few days again.


 


Thanks,


Geert.


 

ChemAxon 4f0b8a99b5

17-03-2015 17:07:18

Hello Geert,


I never saw this issue before and to me it does not seem like an issue of Instant Jchem, it fails because it is unable to find a class - that would be an equivalent of 404 or file not found.. when it appears? during the windows update? is the Instant Jchem installed on locally attached disk? can you then start Instant Jchem again?


Best regards,


Martin

User 1b14b56d14

18-03-2015 14:18:39

Hi Martin,


 


Well i emptied the folder on my profile and then it worked again, but it keeps making a folder for version 14.9.1.0 as you can see in the link below


\\nas7.psb.ugent.be\pc_profiles\gegoe\AppData\Roaming\.instantjchem\14.9.1.0\var\log


 


And i just updated to version 15.3.9.0 and now i have an additional error when you want to edit a value the edit screen freezes and gives a blank, and you can not close it, the whole program is blocked and i can only close everything with the task manager.


I put a screenshot in attachment.


 


Everything is installed locally on the c-drive, so it should not be a problem, why am i having so many problems lately?


 


cheers, Geert

ChemAxon 4f0b8a99b5

18-03-2015 16:08:52

Hello Geert,


thanks for answering, I think that the reason for your windows update is somehow connected with windows networking stack behaviour and that your home directory is remotely attached.


the folder with the 14.9.1.0 is kept from ancient times of quarter-year releases, its intended, even if perhaps confusing.


your other issue is known to us and should hopefully be fixed in version after this weeks release, sorry about it.


Best regards,


Martin

ChemAxon 4f0b8a99b5

20-03-2015 14:31:18

Dear Geert,


regarding your java error, you can use --userdir <path> or add it to your Instan Jchem desktop shortcut (example Target: "C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\InstantJChem\bin\instantjchem.exe" --userdir D:\.instantjchem) and change the <path> to your physical harddrive or something which will not just disconnect during the update.


wishing a nice weekend,


Martin Zbořil