Copy/paste to MS Office

User 8a7878ec6d

03-03-2015 09:33:13

Hi,

I'm probably missing the obvious here, but I'm trying to copy structures from IJC (15.2.16) and paste them directly into PowerPoint 2010, in order to make presentations

Right-clicking on a structure and then a regular copy gives me smiles in PowerPoint. The Copy to MS Office option gives nothing, the clipboard is empty.

The only way for me at this point is to actually double-click on a structure in order to open Marvin Sketch, then select the whole structure, copy it from there and finally paste it into MS Office.

Surely this can't be the way it is meant to be done?

Please advice!

Best regards,

Evert

ChemAxon 4f0b8a99b5

03-03-2015 14:43:34

Hello Evert,

do you have JChem for Office? if so what version? you can also try to export your structures to xlsx format and then copy those structures in EMF vector format to your presentation.

Best regards,

Martin

User 8a7878ec6d

03-03-2015 15:14:28

Hi,

I have JChem for Excel only, but find going through Excel to generate images for PowerPoint not an acceptable solution, I'm sorry to say. I will install JChem for Office but in all honestly I find it a bit absurd that one needs to install a 187 Mb package just to be able to copy structures from IJC into PowerPoint...

Happy to see that it adds other functionality to PowerPoint though, so it may actually be quite useful after all.

Thanks,

Evert

ChemAxon 26d92e5dcd

04-03-2015 09:09:57

Dear Evert,

JChem for Excel is definitely a useful tool for MS Office and IJC integration, but if you need structure images for your presentation, there is an easier solution.

There is definitely no need to install JChem for Office just to be able to get structures from IJC to a Power Point presentation.

Hope this helps

David

User 8a7878ec6d

05-03-2015 07:54:31

Still, being able to copy and past structures directly form IJC (i.e. without having to go through either Excel or MarvinSketch) is not an unreasonable request imho...