Error Message within Instant JChem 6.1.3

User b1fdf71dd3

28-02-2015 16:47:38

I'm running Instant JChem 6.1.3 on a MacBook Pro (2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD) with OS X 10.9.5.  I'm working with a structure database containing ~30,000 records, and have started getting an error message that is appearing more and more frequently, but unpredictably.  Typically, it occurs when I'm trying to add a new Chemical Terms field to the database.  A good example is when I generate InChI notation for the records.  I get the following "exception" message:

java.sql.SQLException: No current connection.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown Source)
Caused: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: No current connection.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.noCurrentConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.checkStatus(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.setInt(Unknown Source)
at chemaxon.jchem.db.CTColumnRegenerator.getNextMolData(CTColumnRegenerator.java:149)
at chemaxon.jchem.db.CTColumnRegenerator.access$300(CTColumnRegenerator.java:38)
at chemaxon.jchem.db.CTColumnRegenerator$RegenThread.run(CTColumnRegenerator.java:96)
Caused: java.lang.RuntimeException
at chemaxon.jchem.db.CTColumnRegenerator.createRunRegenThreads(CTColumnRegenerator.java:382)
at chemaxon.jchem.db.CTColumnRegenerator.run(CTColumnRegenerator.java:295)
[catch] at com.im.ijcs.impl.ddl.JChemTableManagerImpl$6.run(JChemTableManagerImpl.java:2148)

At that point, the field generation stops and I end up with an incomplete field.  Restarting IJC doesn't seem to help, nor does rebooting the computer.  Occasionally, when I re-open IJC I get a message telling me that I'm already logged-in to the database, and asking me to confirm log-out of the previous session.  This seems to help the problem a little, but eventually the exception re-appears.

Thinking that perhaps I have a corrupted database, I exported the DB as an SDF file and then re-imported it into a new DB without any of the calculated fields (just structures and a few text fields).  I still get the same exception in that case.

I've attached the IJC log file from one instance of this error.

Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance.

Lee

ChemAxon c589ba3265

03-03-2015 16:16:25

Hi,

we can recommand you upgrade IJC to a newer version if it is  acceptable solution for you

all the best

B.