In some previous post there was similar question, but it doesn't answer my problem (I think?) -
My numbers are in InstantJChem in the formate
1 000,00 but I want (well, need) 1000.00
despite the system having a dot defined. Are there any recently new settings in IJChem to change this?
I also removed the space (though after having imported to the db), yet it is still displayed as space and exported with a space, also the comma is kept instead of a dot. Based on this it can't be the system settings?
One of the simple reasons why I want a different formate is that excel can't handle the exported numbers otherwise. No matter what setting I try in excel, it won't recognize 1 000 as a number. I tried replacing the space, but it doesn't seem to be handled as regular space. I am not good at RegEx otherwise I could probably try and search/replace via some form a generic whitespace in another program. Though this doesn't feel very productive.
Am using 14.10.13 64bit on Win 7 64bit, Swedish locale but changed the decimal to dot (and removed the display of thousands to setting without any space inbetween).
There are no new related setting in IJC. But you can change it by the old fashioned way. There is a startup option (add it to etc/instantjchem.conf). This will force the app to use english locale and dot as decimal separator:
So, seeing this - comma instead of dot - , is that because it is a db imported with different language settings? (see attachment pic)
System settings are dot for decimal separator *and* I used the addition to the conf file as you suggested.
I have investigated the problem. First of all, the option that Filip suggested should override the system defaults, but I have confirmed that it does not. This is a bug.
It should be possible to override the system locale by that option.
But what works, is the following:
But also do not forget that in must be in the instantjchem.conf in the "default options" section, so you would have to have something similar like this:
default_options="--branding instantjchem -J-Xms48m -J-XX:MaxPermSize=196m -J-Dderby.system.home=derby -J-Dnetbeans.logger.console=true -J-ea -J-Dorg.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader.level=1000 -J-DuseGtk=false -J-Dorg.netbeans.core.TimeableEventQueue.report=86400000 -J-Duser.language=en -J-Duser.country=US"
I hope this helps