Export single structure into sdf file

User 82b20b535e

07-10-2014 18:56:55

Hi,

I am new to Chem Axon and still trying to understand many things.

I need to export single structure from the Chem Axon SQL Server Table into SDF file.  I have version 6.1.2.

I tried using JChem manager Export and I think it is trying to export the Table Structure instead of the Chemical Structure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have Instant JChem installed. Will this help me in exporting single chemical structure?

Thanks

Regards

ChemAxon 26d92e5dcd

07-10-2014 19:05:23

Hello,

you can refer to documentation here if you are interested in details about export with JChem. But as you are mentioning SQL server database, I highly recommend installing Instant JChem too. This product is specifically made to work with databases and exporting a single molecule from the database into SDF is a piece of cake there.

I hope this helps

David

User 82b20b535e

07-10-2014 19:29:19

Thanks for guiding me to right direction.

is Instant JChem a licensed tool? I downloaded but I couldn't connect to SQL Server DB. 

ChemAxon 26d92e5dcd

07-10-2014 19:38:44

Yes, Instant JChem is a licensed tool. Depending on the type of the database that you use, you might need an Enterprise license (MySQL, Oracle and MS SQL Server). Without Enterprise license you can use local Apache Derby Database.

If you need a license to make Instant JChem work for you, I suggest getting an evaluation license (unless you are working the academic area, then free academic license should be enough for you). You can check the licensing details here

Best

David