Exporting a list of chemical structures

User c3ca8e14fd

07-01-2014 11:19:12

Hi everyone,

I would like to know what's the best solution to export a list of chemical structures in Instant JChem?

I need the structures in high-resolution - the best would be to have it as vector graphics to use it further in Adobe InDesign or Illustrator.

Is it possible to export the list as excel file and set the resolution of the chemical structure files?

What I see now, is that you can only change the size

Many thanks for your help.

Moreno

ChemAxon a202a732bf

07-01-2014 11:27:24

Hi Moreno,

your topic was moved to the forum "Storage & search: Instant JChem", my colleagues will answer your question soon.

Best regards,

Zsuzsa

ChemAxon 2bdd02d1e5

08-01-2014 14:58:44

Hi Moreno,

The easy way is to export it in excel and set higher picture resolution. Unfortunately only PNG or JPEG are supported.

More options are available when using command line utility MolConverter - http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/applications/molconvert.html

If you would like export only single molecule open it in Molecule editor and File->Export to image where SVG format is easily available.

Best regards,

Filip

ChemAxon e189db4705

06-02-2014 16:07:40

You can also export structures from Instant JChem to Excel (*.xlsx) with molecules in JChem4Excel format. Then you can change the size of cells in excel and molecules are still in good quality (not like images). I tried this with a few molecules from our Sample data project. Then I saved it to pdf, changed the size of molecules cells and saved again. Please see these two documents attached.