Initialization error: asking user name and password

User 8f0e0cac1a

03-09-2013 19:10:31

Hi,

My databases is in a network drive and worked withough any problem. However, once my IT department turned off " Off-line files (WIndows 7)". my InstantJchem (version 6.0.4) does not start and ask "user name" and "password" which I have no idea about.

I would appreicate any help on this.

Best

ChemAxon 2bdd02d1e5

05-09-2013 11:13:04

Hi, what user name and password is required, Windows one or in Instant JChem?
Can you access your project/database remote folder in a file explorer? You have to own writing privileges to the remote folder with IJC projects. Have you?

Please tell us more info.

Regards,
Filip

User 8f0e0cac1a

05-09-2013 11:49:22

Hi,

I don't have any problem to access to the folder in a file explorer. Still InstantJChem asks me n account and password.

I have attached the log file in the database for your reference.. I am not sure whether this can be helpful though.

Thanks

Hoon

ChemAxon 2bdd02d1e5

05-09-2013 13:46:15

Hoon,

the problem may be different then accessing the data in network drive. For identification, we would need to have a look at messages.log file. Please refer to http://www.chemaxon.com/instantjchem/ijc_latest/docs/admin/debug_info.html#logfile  />Before obtaining  the log, please click to Details... in Schema initialization dialog. We are curious what are the details of the error.

Thanks,

Filip

User 8f0e0cac1a

05-09-2013 14:36:56

Please see the attached files. Thank you for your support.

ChemAxon 2bdd02d1e5

09-09-2013 05:04:36

It looks like some files (file changes) were stored localy in your machine when off-line files feature was on. Whereas original project was stored on a network drive. Are you able to restore your project from a backup (do you have one?)?
Would your IT be able to find these off-line files in your computer?

Otherwise I don't know currently if there is some manual hack to access your "broken" project.

I'm sorry for the bad news.

Filip

User 8f0e0cac1a

09-09-2013 14:07:14

Hi,

I can send you a backup of my project ( zip) however when I tried to restore from it I got another error, probably a different cause. Anyway would you be willing to look at my backup? Because of the natrure of the database, I would like to send it via email, directly to you.

Hoon

ChemAxon 2bdd02d1e5

09-09-2013 14:21:42

Hi Hoon,

yes, I understand. I can have a look. Please send the backup to my email: fzimandl(at)chemaxon.com.

Regards
Filip