Timeout waiting Error

User 8ad6931a80

05-07-2013 08:28:16

Hi.

I have encountered a problem with a view I have created in Oracle and promoted to a non_structure entity in IJC.  The View contains ca 700 rows of data.  IJC can only display the first 10 rows of data in the view and then reports the TimeOut error below.  The select query in the view only takes 4 seconds to run from TOAD so it appears to be a problem with IJC.  I've checked my memory allocation in the instantjchem.conf and the max is set to 1024 which should be OK

IJC version is 5.9.3

Some assistance with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike.

java.util.NoSuchElementException: Timeout waiting for idle object
 at org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:1144)
 at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:106)
Caused: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for idle object
 at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:114)
 at com.im.commons.db.datasource.BaseDataSource.doGetConnection(BaseDataSource.java:361)
 at com.im.commons.db.datasource.BaseDataSource.getConnectionFromDriverManager(BaseDataSource.java:475)
 at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnectionFromDriver(DriverManagerDataSource.java:164)
 at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.AbstractDriverBasedDataSource.getConnectionFromDriver(AbstractDriverBasedDataSource.java:149)
 at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.AbstractDriverBasedDataSource.getConnection(AbstractDriverBasedDataSource.java:119)
 at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceTransactionManager.doBegin(DataSourceTransactionManager.java:202)
Caused: org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open JDBC Connection for transaction; nested exception is org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for idle object
 at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceTransactionManager.doBegin(DataSourceTransactionManager.java:240)
 at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.getTransaction(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:371)
 at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.createTransactionIfNecessary(TransactionAspectSupport.java:335)
 at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:105)
 at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
 at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
 at $Proxy17.getFullView(Unknown Source)
 at com.im.df.impl.db.views.ViewImpl.itemContent(ViewImpl.java:76)
 at com.im.df.impl.db.views.ViewImpl.getItemContent(ViewImpl.java:68)
 at com.im.ijc.core.api.views.SaveViewRunner.run(SaveViewRunner.java:89)
 at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1418)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:1957)

ChemAxon 2bdd02d1e5

06-07-2013 09:28:47

Hi Mike,

I remember this problem some time ago. But it should be solved in some more recent version of IJC. Could you upgrade?

Cheers

Filip

User 8ad6931a80

24-07-2013 09:09:37

Hi Filip.

I've created a test environment and promoted the same view into the latest IJC version 6.0.2.

But I get the same timeout error.  Can you make any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help,

Mike.

ChemAxon 2bdd02d1e5

26-07-2013 08:12:23

Hi Mike,

Could you send us the log file? Here are the instruction if you need.

Well, there can be number of reasons for this, including a bug or the slow network. We'll be able to tell more after investigating the log.

Are you only one accessing the schema? Do you access it as admin or as user?
Is it Markush table or Molecule table?
What about your network, can this be the case?

Thanks in advance for more information.

Filip