Feature requests

User f67d4188b6

21-03-2013 09:31:15

I thought it would be a good idea to make a dedicated thread for feature requests.

User f67d4188b6

21-03-2013 09:38:18

feature request 1: It would be cool if in the formview the radarplot could instead of showing at least 3 values of the current record it would be possible that the same (or a similar) view shows one (or multiple overlapping) value(s) of each hit in a query. As this can become cluttered if you have 1000 hits this should be limited with a setting. The scatterplot can allready do something similar.

feature request 2: Multiple fields in tooltips (for example in the scatterplot)

feature request 3: Structures in tooltips  (for example in the scatterplot)

User f67d4188b6

21-03-2013 09:40:10

feature request 4: The posiblitily for an administrator to manage/add users without having to kick out every user that is editing a schema (possibly non-oracle database specific).

feature request 5: The posiblitily to re-order and/or hide (to normal users) elements in the project treeview.

feature request 6: If i select a number of elements in a scatteplot (in a formview) I see in the top a list of the id's of the selected elements. (e.g. 7,17,25,46,57 / 62)  But i can not walk through them using the normal yellow buttons.

User f67d4188b6

26-03-2013 16:14:47

feature request 7: In the Current Users window I would like to see a user that is loged in as schema editor marked somehow (for example with a different icon, or an asterisk (*). So i know who i need to kick out  (obviously this only makes sense if the current bug is fixed that the schema lock is not released if you kick the lock-holder.)

User f67d4188b6

25-07-2013 11:39:37

feature request 8: It would actually be very handy if a dropdown/selectbox could be populated from other fields in the database or even a query. Obviously you will need to set 2 field definitions: where the ID's come from and where the displayed texts come from.
Using this you could populate a table with all, say, departments, and then use a dropdown to select a department.
It would be very cool if not only a simple textrenderer could be used but you could even make composites mixing different types of fields, eg. string, numeric and structure.

User f67d4188b6

10-09-2013 09:37:28

feature request 9: The possibility to copy images out of blobfields. These images are displayed correctly, but it is not possible to drag them out or copy them to the clipboard. In addition pasting or uploading an image would be nice, though that would need an extra confirmation to prevent accidents.

feature request 10: A simpler way to use checkboxes. Right now you have to click a lot to set a checkbox correctly. Additionally, it should not be possible to set a check box to a null value if the underlying field is defined as notnull. (reported as bug)

ChemAxon 2bdd02d1e5

11-09-2013 13:40:10

I have a question how the export of images should be working. Do you usually want to copy a single image out of your database (it could be done by the button on form) or export them all (e.g. to a temporary folder as images with ID in name)?

Thanks

User 8a7878ec6d

12-09-2013 08:36:53

Hi,

Being able to export multiple images together with a field of choice as identifier would be great!

Evert

User 8a7878ec6d

12-09-2013 08:47:42

Feature request 11:

option to set background color of plots (radar, scatter etc. ) to white.

Also, in radar plots it would be great if one could choose a default color for the spider web when only data for one compound is plotted. Now the color is determined by the CdId. While the radar plots for sdifferent compounds of course should have different colors when plotted in the same plot, comparing individual radar plots for different compounds is less effective when they have different colors that cannot be changed. I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks,

Evert

User f67d4188b6

21-10-2013 11:16:12

The minimum functionality for exporting images would be one by one, preferably by copying it to the clipboard.

Of course every method is better then nothing, but ideally I imagine it possible to click-drag images into a windows explorer / mac finder window.

User e29a5e272b

16-11-2013 00:13:59

I am adding my requests here to keep them altogether.

For the Matrix style of view:

Feature request 12

Allow several extra field to be displayed in structure cell (like in mview one can make)

Feature request 13

Sorting entries according properties displayed in extra field(s)

Feature request 13

When the tooltip field is shown, it will show also the property
name (or user defined heading) and not just its value i.e. "LogP 3.31"
and not just "3.31".

Thank you

Dmytro

User 8a7878ec6d

10-12-2013 08:36:23

Feature request 14

Hi,

I have previously used a no longer supported cheminformatics system where it was possible to perform a chemical clustering directly on the structures that were obtained as a query result. So there was no need to export the results and do the clustering elsewhere, all you had to do was right-click on the results table and choose 'Cluster by fingerprints...'. I feel this would be a great enhancement to IJC and suspect that all the technical requirements to do this are basically in place.

Best,

Evert

User 6dccf7b36d

06-01-2014 15:49:04

evehom wrote:

Hi,

Being able to export multiple images together with a field of choice as identifier would be great!

Evert

I agree with Evert here. I could really use this ability, would definitely make my life easier!

ChemAxon 2bdd02d1e5

23-01-2014 13:27:16

I understand the need for binary export. At the moment we only provide a script for exporting a single binary entry i.e. "image". You can get it at https://www.chemaxon.com/forum/viewpost52656.html#52656