Use SQL filter

User 55ffa2f197

02-01-2013 23:46:28

Hi I am trying to filter out the non English abstract from abstract table (Entity). I know at entity level you have offered Extra Attributes->SQL filter, I thought I can just put in the query so that only the English abstract will be shown. I did something like abst is null or abst in (select abstract from abstract where pn='en'). in the SQL filter text box. abst is the field name I assigned to abstract field when creating the abstract entity. I also tried abstract is null or abstract in .... but none of them is able to block the none English abstract. Is the way I use the SQL filter correct?

Thanks

Dong

ChemAxon 2bdd02d1e5

03-01-2013 10:00:47

Hi Dong,

Yes you can use the SQL filter for this purpose. However SQL filter is just part of whole SELECT statement. Actuall SQL filter will be placed right after WHERE clause. It means that simple pn='en' as the SQL filter should be enough if the field pn is in the same entity as the abstract field. (More precise: pn='en' or abst is null). Does it make sense/does it help?

For more info about SQL filter please refer to the security documentation page: http://www.chemaxon.com/instantjchem/ijc_latest/docs/user/help/htmlfiles/security/row_level_security.html.

Filip

User 55ffa2f197

03-01-2013 13:19:46

Hi Filip,

Thanks for the interpretation. Yes I went to the help page before, and did not quite finish reading the whole paragraph. It is clear from help doc that SQL filter is what to be added after the relationship clause (where). In my case the construction of the data tree is slightly complicated, I am dealing with three many-to-one relationships in one tree, and create the form view, it seems I am having trouble to sychronize the two tables in the form. I will have to dig into it, and figure it out to make it work, after that I might be able to see the effect of the SQL filter

Thanks

Dong

ChemAxon 2bdd02d1e5

03-01-2013 13:56:55

Hi Dong,

You are very welcome.
I may not be much useful in defining SQL filter without knowing your database(datatree) table setup. Then please let me know if I can help you with something...

Cheers,
Filip