chemical terms: alicyclic and aliph.heterocyclic ring count?

User 74d30c678b

09-07-2009 07:07:25

Dear support,

I just began using ChemAxon. I would like to count alicyclic and aliphatic heterocycles using ChemicalTerms & Evaluator.

For aromatic rings I found the corresponding functions "heteroaromaticRingCount()" and "carboaromaticRingCount()" but for "aliphatic" ring count I only found "aliphaticRingCount()" which returns the combined number of "carbo" and "hetero" alphatic rings .

Is there an easy way with evaluator to distinguish between alicyclic (carbon-only) and alipathic heterocyclic rings?

Thanks and best regards,

Daniel.

ChemAxon e08c317633

13-07-2009 10:24:18

Hi Daniel,

stoffler wrote:

For aromatic rings I found the corresponding functions "heteroaromaticRingCount()" and "carboaromaticRingCount()" but for "aliphatic" ring count I only found "aliphaticRingCount()" which returns the combined number of "carbo" and "hetero" alphatic rings .

Is there an easy way with evaluator to distinguish between alicyclic (carbon-only) and alipathic heterocyclic rings?

For counting alipathic heterocyclic rings heteroaliphaticRingCount() function can be used.

$ evaluate -e "heteroaliphaticRingCount()" "C1CNC(C1)C(C1CCCCC1)C1=CC=CC=C1"

No carboaliphaticRingCount() function yet, but this also can be calculated like this:

1.  Substract the heteroaliphaticRingCount from aliphaticRingCount

$ evaluate -e "aliphaticRingCount() - heteroaliphaticRingCount()" "C1CNC(C1)C(C1CCCCC1)C1=CC=CC=C1"

or

2.  Substract the carboaromaticRingCount from carboRingCount

$ evaluate -e "carboRingCount() - carboaromaticRingCount()" "C1CNC(C1)C(C1CCCCC1)C1=CC=CC=C1"

Aplogies for the late answer.

Zsolt

User 74d30c678b

14-07-2009 07:06:59

Hi Zsolt,

many thanks, I'll try it.

Best regards,

Daniel

ChemAxon d76e6e95eb

09-11-2009 13:29:16

Functions for carboaliphatic and heteroaliphatic ringhasbeen added  the TopologyAnalyse plugin and will appear in 5.3 elease of Marvin.