hydrogen bonding

User bff01cf213

11-06-2009 08:04:08

Hi,

I have a large dataset and would like to identify both the presence of intramolecular hydrogen bonds and the times that such  occurs per target molecule (i.e. yes or no and if yes the number of times it appears per molecule). Would it be feasible to do so with match? 

Thank you in advance!!!

Andreas

User 851ac690a0

16-06-2009 11:11:54

Hi,

The "hydrogen bonds" can only  be visualized graphically after generating the 3D structure in the conformer tool.

I attached an example figure. The green lines are the "hydrogen bonds".

Jozsi

User bff01cf213

16-06-2009 17:35:26

Dear Jozsi,

I would like to thank you for your infos.  Since I do have a large amount of datasets and would like  to analyze and identify intramolecular hydrogen bonds as in the case shown in the attached example (example1.mrv) I was thinking if it could be possible to screen my database with molecular descriptors i.e. describing a substructure motif as shown in the attached example (example2.mrv).  Thus, would it be feasible to identify this motif via substructure searching (match)?

Many thanks,

Andreas

User 851ac690a0

17-06-2009 07:21:27

Dear Andreas,

Our expert will respond for your question shortly.

Best wishes,

Jozsi

ChemAxon a3d59b832c

17-06-2009 15:36:46

Yes, it is possible. See the JChem Query Guide for available features you can use in your query patterns:

http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/user/Query.html

There are many interfaces also for searching or returning the number of substructure hits for earch molecules: API, command-line, GUI (e.g. Instant JChem, etc.)

Let us know your preference and I can give some guidance.

Best regards,

Szabolcs

User bff01cf213

22-06-2009 15:47:32

Dear Szabolcs,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to use command-line (i guess I should use screenmd?) could you please assist to this?

many thanks!

Andreas

ChemAxon a3d59b832c

22-06-2009 20:47:26

Hi Andreas,

screenmd is a possible way, but in that case a custom descriptor has to be created, which may be quite complicated and involve some Java coding.

I would rather recommend jcsearch, which directly filters the matching molecules. See documentation here:

http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/user/Jcsearch.html

Let us know if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Szabolcs