License problems

User c0e481a82c

28-09-2006 11:02:56

Hi,

We're using the pKa pluggin as part of an EJB application and until today, it's been working fine. However, today we noticed that it complains about the license being invalid and that I should contact sales for a valid license. I assume that the licenses do not expire as on a development server, with an almost identical set up, the problem has not show itself and yet uses the same licenses file. I even copied them across and rebooted our live server to check if there were subtle differences which I couldn't see.

I've read the forums about the various issues that people have had with the licenses, and have checked that licenses.dat (and .txt for good measure) exist in the correct places (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\systemprofile\chemaxon), and I even coded the license into the pKaPluggin class (using the validate(String) method) but none of this worked and the application still claims that the license is invalid.

As far as I'm aware, we're using the classes from the JChem 3.1.7 JAR files. Could you tell me what else I can do to sort this problem out?

Regards,

Phil.

User c0e481a82c

28-09-2006 11:51:59

Further to this, I've discovered that the "user.home" variable has somehow picked up C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP as setting. I've copied the chemaxon folder to this location, and rebooted the server and that seems to have solved the problem.

As a suggestion, isn't there a more robust way of locating the licenses? If there were an environment variable to locate them, which the user must define to have them work, surely this would lead to less confusion over where to place them (users profile vs. system profile)? That way, the licenses could go anywhere and one would always know which license was being used, and in the case of multiple users using the same machine, there would only need to be one copy of the license per machine.

ChemAxon e08c317633

28-09-2006 12:38:36

Hi,
pcochrane wrote:
I've read the forums about the various issues that people have had with the licenses, and have checked that licenses.dat (and .txt for good measure) exist in the correct places (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\systemprofile\chemaxon), and I even coded the license into the pKaPluggin class (using the validate(String) method) but none of this worked and the application still claims that the license is invalid.
The validate(String) method does not help you in this case (see http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/dev/plugins.html#custom for more).
Quote:
As a suggestion, isn't there a more robust way of locating the licenses? If there were an environment variable to locate them, which the user must define to have them work, surely this would lead to less confusion over where to place them (users profile vs. system profile)?
Use the web-based (JSP) utility (it comes with JChem): <jchem_home>/util/license/setlicense.jsp. Load this page in a browser from your web server, and you can upload a specified license file from the client computer to the appropriate directory and file name on the server. See http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/user/licenses.html for more.

Regards,

Zsolt

User 677b9c22ff

05-11-2006 03:25:51

Hi,

I had the same problem with JCHEM 3.2 and TOMCAT 5.5; the web configuration interface did not save the user.home directory (W2k+ IE5.5).

Tobias