setInputMolecule exception

User ffb6e86569

28-06-2006 06:23:53

I'm try to create my calculator plugin only with Marvin 4.0.6,which JAR file should I use for?

now I use "mspace.jar" and ".../sjars/plugin/ElementalAnalyserPlugin.jar",but it throws an exception:
Quote:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AbstractMethodError: chemaxon.marvin.plugin.CalculatorPlugin.setInputMolecule(Lchemaxon/struc/Molecule;)V

at chemaxon.marvin.plugin.CalculatorPlugin.setMolecule(Unknown Source)

at chemaxon.marvin.plugin.CalculatorPlugin.setMolecule(Unknown Source)

at ptest.ElementalAnalysis(ptest.java:76)

at ptest.main(ptest.java:111)

thanks

User ffb6e86569

28-06-2006 08:08:21

According to the API document ,some of the method in java classes have been obfuscated,Is Marvin limited for development?

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

28-06-2006 09:13:09

The Marvin Applets' code is obfuscated.

The core classes for running Marvin Applets is in "jmarvin.jar". Applets used modules (like calculator plugins or various import/export modules for mol formats) are in separate jar files (in sjars directory). Marvin Applets package also includes MarvinSpace (mspace.jar).

Although there is some redundance between jmarvin.jar and mspace.jar, mspace.jar does not contain all classes for Marvin. Furthermore, the two jars are compiled with different compiler. Because of it, I do not recommend two use mspace.jar with the core Marvin jar or with Marvin modules.

Actually, Marvin Applets package is recommended for web developers who insert Marvin Applets on web pages.

Java developers use the Marvin Beans API to create their own plugin or integrate Marvin components in their code. I suggest you to use the Marvin Beans package. You can download it from this URL: http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/do-download-marvinbeans.html

MarvinBeans.jar includes all Marvin classes (also calculator plugins).

By the way, other jars in the "marvinbeans/lib" are also important for running Marvin (batik-core.jar for SVG export, chart.jar to display calculation result on a chart or inchi natives for inchi import/export).

Please see the Marvin Beans example in the "marvinbeans/examples" directory.

The following example demonstrates how to create your own plugin: http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/examples/plugin/index.html

It is also available in the Marvin Beans package (marvinbeans/examples/plugin).

Is the Marvin Beans API a suitable solution for you?

User ffb6e86569

28-06-2006 09:47:33

yes,it works very well

I really appreciate for your help

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

28-06-2006 12:06:30

Not at all!