Chemical terms pKa structure result

User f69b4744d5

05-07-2016 01:02:07

I'm trying to get a chemical term (IJC, 16.4.11.0) to return the equivalent of JChem for Excels JCpKaImage. Any help would be appreciated. I've got  majorMicrospecies("7.4") to return a structure, but would like to see the pKa values and sites as I can do in JChem for Excel. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

ChemAxon 91ac526de6

07-07-2016 13:28:39

Hi Mike,

can you attach a screenshot from JChem 4 excel so that I can quickly get an idea about what you are trying to accomplish?

thx,

Ondrej

ChemAxon 91ac526de6

07-07-2016 14:05:49

Hi Mike,

I opened some example file with JCpKalmage and saw there basically calculation of strongest acidic and basic dissociation constants. I am not sure whether this is what you are interested in, but anyway:

acidicpKa("1") returns the strongest pKa

basicpKa("1") returns the strongest pKb

see also the description of various chemical terms at https://docs.chemaxon.com/display/docs/Functions+by+Categories

User f69b4744d5

07-07-2016 22:13:20

See the attached example of the JCpKaImage function. Basically just trying to give visual representation of predicted pKa values and the functional groups associated with the values.

ChemAxon 91ac526de6

08-07-2016 08:42:00

Dear Mike,

If you intend to have structure image containing values for particular functional groups, I am afraid this is not easy. Anyway, do you want to do this within Instant JChem or standalone?

ChemAxon 91ac526de6

08-07-2016 12:11:11

Dear Mike,

at the moment we cannot display this in the IJC gridview. What you can do is the following:

1) double click on the molecule

2) go to calculations -> protonation -> pKa

3) set the options and see the results

You could for example save the result as some image file.

The alternative way is to use molmatrix widget. Currently it is limited to show only one field,

so you can display eg a molecule with strongest acidic pKa. This is probably not what you would prefer,

but it is the solution we have now.

Would an extension like in JChem for Office very important for you? If so, we may consider the implementation in the future.

User f69b4744d5

11-07-2016 01:51:41

Thanks Ondrej,

This confirms my suspicion that it isn't possible. I do find the JChem 4 Excel pKaImage function very useful as it links the predicted pKa values to specific functional groups. In simple cases, the location of ionization is obvious, but that's not always the case. For now, the majorMicrospecies function (eg showing ionization at a given pH) is the most suited to this task.

Would be great if pKaImage or similar were available in future releases of IJC.

Mike

ChemAxon 91ac526de6

11-07-2016 13:58:04

Dear Mike,

we have discussed internally pKaImag. We think this is a potentially useful feature not just for you but also for other clients. We will add it to the list of improvements. However, currently we are quite loaded by other issues, so I cannot promise you when you can expect this feature in IJC.

Ondrej