rename items in MarvinSketch toolbar groups?

User 62a37f4796

06-12-2012 14:48:50

Hi,

Sorry to keep bugging everyone. I have some items on my checklist that would make it easier to use MarvinSketch in an educational setting. One of those items is to make the icons and names of tools more intuitive to students starting out in a GenChem course. While it may be obvious to a trained chemist (or OrgChem students) what LP and Rad mean, that notion is completely foreign to freshmen.

I can figure out how to rename Menu and PopUp items, but I can't seem to access anything on the Toolbar list. The "Begin a Group" item on the "Customize >> Toolbars" menu suggests that I could create my own version of the "Lone Pairs Group" and name them whatever I want them to, but that menu just creates a new blank space between items on the toolbar. 

Is there either a way to start a completely new group for the toolbar which I can name as I wish, or better yet a way to rename items on the toolbar group submenus? I looked through the parameters and api documentation and couldn't find anything that seemed relevant. Can this be done? If not, would it be possible to do so in a future release?

Thanks,

Michiel

ChemAxon 00ec07c969

07-12-2012 09:49:02

Dear Michiel,

thank you for your remark. It is a bug, which we intend to fix in the near future.

Best regards,

Dora