odd clipboard behavior in 5.11.4

User 62a37f4796

26-11-2012 21:14:53

Hi,

I'm working up a business case to migrate to 5.11.4 so I may be a bit picky in this, but I'm concerned it will throw students off their reasoning or cause them to do things that they are not asked to do just so their drawing "looks good".

I did not notice this behavior before 5.11 (i.e. in 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, or 5.6).

If you draw an electron-flow diagram with all C atoms hidden and all implicit H atoms suppressed, I get a diagram that looks correct (except for some issues with electron-flow arrows in general that I've already identified elsewhere).

However, if I now select my composition, the C atom labels appear. This is not so important an issue that I would not use MarvinSketch, but most students are already very intimidated with MarvinSketch and I don't want it to be any more difficult or confusing than it has to be. Is there any reason why the C atom labels should be shown in this scenario? If not, can it be reverted to the previous behavior that does not apply formatting changes merely for selecting an item?

Thanks,

Michiel

ChemAxon 00ec07c969

05-12-2012 10:36:34

Dear Michiel,

thank you for suggestion. Currently, the C labels always appear when they are selected. However, we will consider your recommendation to not show them when we will change our code for selection.

Best regards,

Dora