How to control the user number of MarvinSketch applet?

User 22c88daf92

01-11-2012 07:27:14

hello!

If we set up a Website or web server, and our client can access our Marvin Sketch applet in their own Web browser, how could we control the number of user who using our Marvin Sketch applet? 

How could we use the chemAxon license to do this?

thanks!

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

05-11-2012 11:13:58

Hi,

unfortunatelly, from the applet it is impossible to track the simultaneous connections to the server, since the applet is loading and running in the client side.

You can track this on the server, by logging the currently active sessions, and count them. It is not a thing we can solve, but in theory if I have to do something like this, then I would do the following:

I would introduce an account management, and order accounts to companies, so I can limit the available accounts. I am also able to track how many times a site is loaded - where an applet is running - and by the referer, or by a cookie I can track the number of web clients currently have an applet loaded. If a limit is reached, I can give the client a warning about the limit is reached, instead of loading the applet again. Or with the help of cookies and sessions, I am able to disallow one user to log in from more then one browser at a certain time, and in this case the limited number of users can be enough for me to limit the usage of the applet.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Istvan