detaching toolbars from Marvin 5.10

User 870ab5b546

28-08-2012 13:34:20

Using Classic Marvin look and feel, when I try to detach toolbars from their position above the drawing window, the disconnected toolbar is blank; when I click back on the drawing window, the toolbar has not disconnected.

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

25-09-2012 10:35:38

Hi Bob,

Sorry for being so slow in setting up a test environment where I can try to reproduce this issue, and answering so late, but I could not be able to reproduce the issue on my windows system, and could not find any direct visible cause in the source code that could cause this behavior.

It seems after testing it on a 10.6.8 MacOSX, with Safari 5.0.5, Java 1.0.26, and Marvin 5.10.4 and 5.11.0 it is working for me. Is this a constant issue on your side? Is something different on your Environment from that I used for testing?

Regards,
Istvan

User 870ab5b546

25-09-2012 13:47:23

Right now, I am using Safari 5.1.7 and Java 1.6 on MacOS 10.6.8.  I am having the same problem as described above with Marvin 5.11.0 at your Web site.  I see the same problem with Chrome 21.0 on the same computer.

Something new with MacOS 10.6: when I detach the toolbar (but not when the applet starts), a program called Java Applet 1.0 launches, a different instance for each browser.  If I click on the Java Applet icon in the dock, the detached toolbars (without any buttons visible in them) come to the foreground.  Java Applet has no menu options other than to quit.  I have never seen this program before, and I can find no documentation on it.  I don't know whether it launches because there is a bug in MarvinSketch, or whether it is causing MarvinSketch's performance problem.

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

18-11-2012 18:40:08

Hi Bob,

sorry but I have to give up on this. I can reproduce the issue, and I have tried to find a solution, or at least some sort of cause for this problem, but neither google is helping me, nor any debug. It seems from the debug view that the toolbars should be displayed, and I can not find a reason why they do not.

I will create a small applet to check wether this issue is Marvin dependent, or I can reproduce it with a simple applet that has a floating toolbar, and try to figure out something to solve the issue, but currently I have to put this research on hold for a short period of time to finish up 5.12 tasks before the commit deadline.

Regards,
Istvan