3D imaging disappears when rotated

User f1f70695db

08-06-2012 14:30:05

I'm having problems with the 3D imaging for the program. I'm using theĀ MarvinSketch (5.4.1.1) on a Macbook Pro OS X 10.7.4 with the Safari browser. Whenever I put the structure into 3D mode and try to rotate it, the entire structure disappears. I've tried cleaning the 3D structure several times, but when I click on it to rotate the structure it just disappears again. If you have a solution or can think of some type of setting that could be set wrong please let me know!!

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

13-06-2012 11:16:55

Sorry for the late reply. We are investigating this issue.

Best Regards,

Efi

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

05-07-2012 11:03:00

Hi,

sorry for the late response, we have issues to setup some part of the testing environment in order to reproduce the issue, find out its nature, and finally to find a workaround for you.

Unfortunatelly we could not find a workaround, because we could not find the core reason of the structure disappearing. All we now is that we could not reproduce this misbehaviour with recent versions of Marvin applets. So what we can suggest is to upgrade Marvin applet if you have the possibility to do so.

As an alternative you can use the "Edit>Transformation>Rotate in 3D>Free 3D rotation" menu after you have selected the structure you want to rotate, the disatvantage of this is that this method does not change the position of the camera, but the 3D coordinates of the atoms in the structure.

Regards,
IstvanĀ