MyTemplates error on pc?

User a45c58519d

27-03-2012 11:01:46

I just installed Marvin Beans 5.9.0 with jre om a pc, that is supposed to be used by a lot of users (high school common pc running Windows 7 64 bit).

After installing the program and the academic license, apparently with succes, I moved on to start Marvin Sketch.
It returned  the folowing (pasted via clipboard): 

ERROR: 

Error reading template set location: marvin.mytemplates

STACK TRACE:

chemaxon.marvin.sketch.templates.TemplateIOException: Error reading template set location: marvin.mytemplates

at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.templates.TemplateSetLocation.createTemplateSet(TemplateSetLocation.java:217)

at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.templates.TemplateSetLocation.getTemplateSet(TemplateSetLocation.java:185)

at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.templates.TemplateLibrary.getTemplateSets(TemplateLibrary.java:148)

at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.swing.templates.TemplateHandler.initClean2DTemplates(TemplateHandler.java:550)

at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.swing.templates.TemplateHandler.initTemplateSets(TemplateHandler.java:223)

at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.swing.templates.TemplateHandler.init(TemplateHandler.java:78)

at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.swing.SketchPanel.molInit(SketchPanel.java:1095)

at chemaxon.marvin.common.swing.MolPanel.init(MolPanel.java:619)

at chemaxon.marvin.common.swing.MolPanel.setProperties(MolPanel.java:869)

at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.swing.SketchPanel.setProperties(SketchPanel.java:1182)

at chemaxon.marvin.beans.MarvinPane.setParams(MarvinPane.java:349)

at chemaxon.marvin.beans.MarvinPane.init(MarvinPane.java:155)

at chemaxon.marvin.beans.MSketchPane.<init>(MSketchPane.java:123)

at chemaxon.marvin.beans.MSketchPane.<init>(MSketchPane.java:110)

at chemaxon.marvin.Sketch.<init>(Sketch.java:176)

at chemaxon.marvin.Sketch.main(Sketch.java:601)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

How do I solve this? I don't want every user to have to make special folders etc., so I either want to disable the MyTemplates feature, or I want ot redirect it to en shared network drive. 

Which i easiest? - and how do I proceed?

Thanks in advance

Kaare

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

27-03-2012 14:41:58

Hi,

would you please confirm, that the MarvinSketch process has the privilege to write in and to create file in the %USERHOME%\chemaxon folder and the privilege to create directory in %USERHOME%?

This issue could happen in two cases, when the sketcher is running in an untrusted environment, which should not be the case in a desktop version, or if the sketcher could not create the %USERHOME%\chemaxon folder, and in that folder the marvin.mytemplates file, which it tries to create if it is not exsits when the sketcher is being started.

To turn off mytemplates you should also create a configuration file, or a custom application that includes marvin, so i assume this is also an unacceptable option.

Regards,
Istvan