Marvin 5.9 installation error

User 09dd8bb582

09-03-2012 02:10:24

Hello Marvin developers / experienced users,

I have encoutered an issue when I installed the latest version (5.9.0) of the Marvin Suite.

The error message reads:

“C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\MarvinBeans\lib\bcprov-jdk15-1.46.jar. 

Could not create this file. Shall I try again?”

I have tried installing it on 3 different machines (all running Windows XP sp3) and all had exactly the same issue. Also tried to install the latest Java before installing Marvin and no luck with that either.

Any similar experience or thoughts?

Regards,

Wei

User 09dd8bb582

09-03-2012 02:19:14

wei wrote:

Hello Marvin developers / experienced users,

I have encoutered an issue when I installed the latest version (5.9.0) of the Marvin Suite.

The error message reads:

“C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\MarvinBeans\lib\bcprov-jdk15-1.46.jar. 

Could not create this file. Shall I try again?”

I have tried installing it on 3 different machines (all running Windows XP sp3) and all had exactly the same issue. Also tried to install the latest Java before installing Marvin and no luck with that either.

Any similar experience or thoughts?

Regards,

Wei

Update from previous post:

Just tried installing the http://aws2.static.chemaxon.com/wp-content/themes/chemaxon/images/header_icons2.png); background-attachment: scroll; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; background-position: 0px -217px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;">Windows Installer with Java. Same error message appears.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

12-03-2012 12:54:55

I assume that the earlier installed Marvin Beans has not been removed properly.

The installer has attempted to overwrite the earlier version.

Normally, in the pre-installation phase, the installer uninstalls the previous version (if it is located in the same directory than the target dir of the current installation).

The uninstallation can be unsuccessful if

- any Marvin application or MarvinOLEServer is still running.

- the user who invoked the uninstaller does not have write privilege in the "C:\Program Files\" folder.

Before installing the new version:

- Close all running Marvin applications

- Close all opening MS-Office documents (that includes any embedded Marvin object)

- Uninstall the previous Marvin version from C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\MarvinBeans. If the uninstaller is damaged, Remove the above folder and install the same version into this directory and uninstall it again (to remove properly all resources that this installer was setup).

After that, you  can install any Marvin version.