No Polyatomics

User c834822632

20-02-2012 18:08:44

When I choose one of the gas elements on the right toolbar Marvin Sketch will draw a polyatomic ion. But, I simply want to draw the atom that's displayed on the toolbar. For example: when I choose C I want to draw C not CH_4. Also, I can't draw the atom when I try to select the atom I want in the large periodic table. How I draw the atom and not the polyatomic ion? (I have the latest version of Marvin Sketch)

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

21-02-2012 22:00:46

Hi,

in Marvin the display of implicit hydrogens is set to on by default for the hetero atoms and terminal carbon atoms. Note that this is just a display option, the hydrogens not explicitly added to the molecule.

You can switch off the display of implicit hydrogens, by selecting the "View" menu, then "Implicit Hydrogens", and set it off.

If you need explicitly hydrogens, you can select some parts of the structure, and use "Structure" menu "Add" submenu and "Explicit Hydrogens". If there is not any selection then all possible hydrogens will be added. Of course you can draw Hydrogens one by one also.

I hope this helps, if you need more information check the relevant part of the documentation here.

Regards,
Istvan