No access to templates

User 43b0994129

06-02-2012 10:09:54

I'm using Marvin Sketch as Structure Editor for Reaxys.

It used to work fine until three month ago, when suddenly I could no longer define funktional groups.

When pointing on an atom it still shows the possible groups on the left side, but I can no longer choose one.

Also, by clicking on the templates icon or selecting "insert -> template library" nothing happens.

Marvin Sketch Version 5.3.7

Java 1.6.0_30

Firefox 9.0.1

Windows 7

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

14-02-2012 14:36:34

Hi,

first of all, sorry for the late reply.

I tried to reproduce this issue on Reaxys site, but i could not reproduce it, if i am typeing an abbreviation, with the mouse cursor over an atom, the atom is replaced smootly. I am also able to use the template library, and the Reaxys Generics panel.

Could you be a bit more specific on what are you doing when the problem arise?

Regards,
Istvan

User 43b0994129

15-02-2012 13:49:19

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

When I click on the template button or try to access the templates otherwise just noting happens. The result is that I have to draw every single funktional group by hand.

I thought it might be a problem with my computer settings but I have no Idea what could cause this problem for it used to work fine some month ago.

I already reinstalled firefox and Java. I also tried to use Opera, but there Marvin sketch in Reaxys is not opening at all.

Do you have any ideas what could cause such a problem?

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

15-02-2012 21:00:24

Hi,

currently not really.

Could you please check your java console, perhaps there is an exception or some error message that can help.

You can access the Java console by right clicking on the java icon in the taskbar, and choose open console. It may also help if you turn on the Enable tracing option on the advanced tab of the Java control panel at the debugging section. Yout can reach the Java control panel in the start menu -> Control Panel window by selecting Java from the tools available there.

You may also try to delete the Java cache on the Java control panel.

Regards,
Istvan

User 43b0994129

16-02-2012 13:14:25

Hi again,

After deleting the Java cache it works the way it should!!!!

Thank you very much for your help!

Best Regards

Daniela

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

16-02-2012 13:39:11

Hi Daniela,

I am happy to hear this, your welcome.

Regards,
Istvan