Grid lines for large reaction schemes?

User c67adcb207

18-01-2012 13:02:48

I have to draw larger reaction schemes in marvin sketch. is there any way to apply grid lines in the backround of the drawing window so that i can align the molecules, reaction arrows, reagent names etc horizontally and vertically?

I couldn't find it in the help topics or in any forum topic.

Thanks for your support!

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

18-01-2012 15:41:03

There are no grid
lines in Marvin Sketch, we are thinking about to implement this feature, but not
for the next release. Until then,
you can align and/or distribute (both horizontally and vertically) the
objects of the reaction scheme by selecting the relevant option in Edit
> Object menu (http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/sketch/sketch-basic.html#howto-draw.reactions).

Best Regards,

Efi 

User c67adcb207

18-01-2012 15:53:39

Hello Efi,

thanks for the info. Unfortunately I dont have the "align" tool in the edit-object-menue. I will update to the latest version of marvin.

Grid lines would be very useful tool for more complex schemes! I would look foward if you implement it one of the next releases.

Thanks again.

User 401dc07107

22-01-2017 19:23:00

In reply to a post in 2012 it was stated that adding a grid may come in a future release. In the version I downloaded in 2017 (17.1.9) there still seems to be none available, at least I cannot find it. As this feature really would be helpful, I was wondering whether you are still planning to add it or if you gave up implementing this feature completely. 

ChemAxon cfb2ce1d3d

23-01-2017 07:45:12

joerg.habermann _at_ libero.it wrote:

In reply to a post in 2012 it was stated that adding a grid may come in a future release. In the version I downloaded in 2017 (17.1.9) there still seems to be none available, at least I cannot find it. As this feature really would be helpful, I was wondering whether you are still planning to add it or if you gave up implementing this feature completely. 

Hello,

You can find it under View menu, it was added a few month ago. Please note that guidelines are also available to support further positioning tasks.

Kind regards

Zsolt