Exception creating MSketchPane

User 046f7e5e1b

02-09-2005 10:09:29

Hello.

I am using Marvin Beans into a swing application. The version of Marvin that I am using is 3.5.4 and java version is 1.5

The problem I have is creating an object chemaxon.marvin.beans.MSketchPane. The application compiles without errors, but running it I obtain the following exception:

Exception in thread "Thread-17" java.lang.NullPointerException

at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.swing.SketchPanel.<init>(Unknown Source)

at chemaxon.marvin.beans.MSketchPane.<init>(Unknown Source)

at chemaxon.marvin.beans.MSketchPane.<init>(Unknown Source)

at MarvinPaintStructure.initComponents(MarvinPaintStructure.java:54)

The line code that thorws exception is:

MSketchPane Panel = new MSketchPane();

That error only happens when running on windows boxes, the same program running on linux environment runs well. I had the same code working well in a previous version of the application with java 1.4 but now I need to run it with java 1.5 on windows and I have no idea about what is the problem .

Any idea about this problem will help.

Thanks in anticipation

Arturo

ChemAxon 12eab24e0a

05-09-2005 09:39:50

Hello Arturo,

Please download the latest Java version of 1.5, with that should work everything fine. The earlier versions were not as stable, we had problems with those too.

Best regards,

Eva

User 046f7e5e1b

05-09-2005 17:26:40

Hello Eva and thanks for your help.

I have installed jdk 5.0 Update 4 in a computer running Windows 2000 Professional and I still have the same problem.

If you have any other sugestion please tell me.

Thanks again.

Arturo

ChemAxon 12eab24e0a

06-09-2005 09:40:47

Hello Arturo,

I tried to reproduce the exception with the same settings as you have, but I was not successful. Please try to upgrade the Marvin version too, and we hope it`s going to help. If not, in order to assist you better, an example would help us a lot.

Best regards,

Eva